Sons' sorrow

A bus? Surely it'd be both cheaper and easier to make your own way?

Few of us meeting for drinks beforehand if you fancy it.

Where you going for a pint? Are the pubs near the ground not a bit shit? We were talking about Singers then getting a bus along.

Hey guys

Doing some fantasy football research. Is this your current first team squad?

Goalkeeper
Stephen Grindlay

Jamie Ewings

Josh Lumsden

Defenders
Josh Horne
Martin McNiff
Joe Coleman
Ian Murray
Scott Smith
Andy Graham
Paul McGinn

Jack Ross

Midfielders
Chris Turner
Scott Agnew
Stephen MacDougall
Mark Gilhaney
Scott Linton

Owen Ronald

Strikers
Garry Fleming
Bryan Prunty
Ally McKerracher

Mitch Megginson

Kevin Smith

Cheers

Where you going for a pint? Are the pubs near the ground not a bit shit?  We were talking about Singers then getting a bus along.

Was thinking Singers aye. Or Alexander's for the old man vibe. Then probably a carry out.

I'm not seeing a lot of physical presence here. Is Ross Smith still in the frame ?

Haven't heard anything about Ross Smith. I do agree though, Turner and Graham are the only two which have any real physical presence but I don't see it being a massive issue. Smith's hold up play has been pretty good so far and he'll hold his own up front. No team in this league is filled with particularly huge, hammer throwing monsters and I don't think we're completely different from anyone else in that department. Yes, some teams will have big defenders which could leave us vulnerable at corners kicks/set pieces but it's probably more a sign of how Murray wants to set the team up this year - playing football on the deck and being a well organised unit defensively.

Alright gents, what's the score with Owen Ronald? He played as a trialist on Saturday and looked absolutely quality, got 2 assists and looked like a real out and out winger that could beat 2 or 3. His first assist in particular was excellent, and it's just been announced he's signed on loan till January.

Alright gents, what's the score with Owen Ronald? He played as a trialist on Saturday and looked absolutely quality, got 2 assists and looked like a real out and out winger that could beat 2 or 3. His first assist in particular was excellent, and it's just been announced he's signed on loan till January.

If he's signed on loan for you lot, then that would seem to imply that Murray sees him as one for the future. I only saw him the once last season, a brief substitiute appearance when he wasn't on long enough to do anything and I haven't been at any games he's featured in this summer. Others that have seen him were disappointed by his signing, but we can be a picky lot.

Disappointingly whilst in Rome have been unable to find a copy of the lennox herald despite going to several newsagents. Even worse none of the Italian papers has anything on events at bet butler. Will be boycotting Italian games on tv this season in retaliation

Sons good in first half and were relatively comfortable in possession. Falkirk hardly had a sniff. Fell apart in second and if it wasn't for the woodwork/extreme goalkeeping/goal-line clearances it could have been 5/6 to Falkirk.

Decent game at times but seemed to drag on. Incredible scenes at the end though.

Dumbarton FC: Pride of Stirlingshire.