Sons' sorrow

So, Stranraer in the challenge cup.

It looks like we have the full team, apart from Linton, tomorrow.

Happy with that draw, haven't been to Stranraer for a while.

Last time I saw us there we got relegated from the 2nd Division (think it was 96-97), Hugh Ward had got his head kicked in off some guy who'd came home from work early and found him pumping his bird while on his 'rounds'. Off The Ball made up a song about it, which all the Sons fans were singing in that wee wooden stand (Is that still there?) and in the ulitmate act of desperation we played Stevie Gow up front for the last 10 minutes... Stills ends shivers up my spine that....

Last time I saw us there we got relegated from the 2nd Division (think it was 96-97), Hugh Ward had got his head kicked in off some guy who'd came home from work early and found him pumping his bird while on his 'rounds'. Off The Ball made up a song about it, which all the Sons fans were singing in that wee wooden stand (Is that still there?) and in the ulitmate act of desperation we played Stevie Gow up front for the last 10 minutes... Stills ends shivers up my spine that....

1st class delivery.

So it is stranraer who will.knock us out this season . Is Ryan borris still there . Is he still.in the huff. Will he score the goal that knocks us out. Have not.been to stair park for a while.will a bus run as it is.a terrible.road.to drive down.

Is. there a problem. with the full. stop button on your. keyboard?.

To the tune of Postman Pat:

Postman Hugh..Postman Hugh

Shags yer wife and hides in the loo

Early in the morning, when your mans out working

He`ll come round and empty out his sack!

I must be one of few sons fans who new both the victim and the accused in this incident. Anyhow i was at a Vale of Leven sports dinner a couple of years ago and Tam Cowan was there. Hugh was been inducted into the vale hall of fame for his goals with the club and Tam started singing the song, the whole vale team joined in. What a laugh it was. The funny thing was most of the vale players were probably wee boys at the time yet they all new the words no problem.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Just read the first bit & the last bit of this thread & wondered what was going on! Are you having some sort of a problem with those tinkers from Greenock migrating across the Erskine Bridge. Also are your part-time team "Still" competing in the same league as Scottish Super Clubs such as Morton & Hamilton if so good luck in the coming season. Was at your play-off victory against Arbroath the other season so its good to see a team promoted on merit making the best of things without getting above themselves in the billy big time stakes.

I'll be surprised if we dont thrash these no hopers tomorrow. Nah seriously though gutted ill be missing the game and good luck to the sons. I gather we still have a few on holiday so hopefully Joe Coleman gets a wee showing. Not too bothered about the score as long as it's a decent run out

Edited by the snudge

I'll be surprised if we dont thrash these no hopers tomorrow. Nah seriously though gutted ill be missing the game and good luck to the sons. I gather we still have a few on holiday so hopefully Joe Coleman gets a wee showing. Not too bothered about the score as long as it's a decent run out

I'm expecting at least a 4-0 win, although that could be the drink from last night talking. Damn you Irish bingo....