Sons' sorrow

Dumbo fans acting like Sevco/Hearts fans.

Dumbo FC spending money they don't have on players wages, just like Sevco/Hearts.

Sad bugger that I am, I found out today that Dumbo is a little area in Brooklyn, New York, between the Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges.

I notice that the big vote takes place on the future of Scottish football. Only in Scotland would we have the ridiculous situation where we have three ruling bodies . Common sense says that there should only be one. No doubt that the suits who sit on these boards will be unhappy.

We only have to look at boxing which.has five ruling bodies to realise that to many cooks spoil the broth. Mind you I don't.like broth anyway.

So first team wise what do we still need?

Sub goalie, centre half, target man forward?

I'd agree with that. Linton being able to play a few positions certainly helps us for cover when injuries etc. kick in. Centre half and striker the priority.

Also, wouldn't mind seeing a statement from the board with regards todays reconstruction.

So first team wise what do we still need?

Sub goalie, centre half, target man forward?

Looking at the squad we have under contract so far, ideally I'd like to see us add 2 strikers, competition for Grindlay and one more player for each of midfield and defence. Realistically we probably won't make that many more signings, so cover for midfield, more competition up front and a 'keeper would suffice I think. With Fleming likely to be used as a forward alongside Prunty we only really have the starting 4 in midfield of McDougall, Agnew, Turner and Gilhaney and we only have two senior forwards, the aforementioned Fleming and Prunty, so those are the areas I'd like to see numbers increased in first and foremost before we blow the budget.

Looking at the squad we have under contract so far, ideally I'd like to see us add 2 strikers, competition for Grindlay and one more player for each of midfield and defence. Realistically we probably won't make that many more signings, so cover for midfield, more competition up front and a 'keeper would suffice I think. With Fleming likely to be used as a forward alongside Prunty we only really have the starting 4 in midfield of McDougall, Agnew, Turner and Gilhaney and we only have two senior forwards, the aforementioned Fleming and Prunty, so those are the areas I'd like to see numbers increased in first and foremost before we blow the budget.

I wouldn't worry, it's only a matter of time before Kevin Thomson, Garry O'Connor and wee Deek sign up.