Sons' sorrow

I notice wallie smith is new chairman of the ibrox club. He was of course a former manager of rangers and Scotland but the highlight of his career was undoubtedly being a member of the sons team in the mid 70's. Everything else after that was an anti climax. He was of course in the team that played Hearts in the semi final of the Scottish cup during which he missed a sitter. If he had scored Dumbarton would.have been in Europe. It might.have been 37 years ago but we dont forget.

Hopefully an apology is in the post Walter.

I notice wallie smith is new chairman of the ibrox club. He was of course a former manager of rangers and Scotland but the highlight of his career was undoubtedly being a member of the sons team in the mid 70's. Everything else after that was an anti climax. He was of course in the team that played Hearts in the semi final of the Scottish cup during which he missed a sitter. If he had scored Dumbarton would.have been in Europe. It might.have been 37 years ago but we dont forget.

Hopefully an apology is in the post Walter.

My memory is that he scored an absolutely belting diving header into the top corner. Unfortunately it was into our fucking net.

Good news that Shay has signed on for next season. He's a solid goalkeeper, albeit his reluctance to come for crosses still irks me.

He's a cracking shot-stopper though, and has saved us in more games than he's cost us.

I imagine he'll be in a battle for the Number One jersey next season, as Murray will be looking for more competition in that area, but that can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

Good news that Shay has signed on for next season. He's a solid goalkeeper, albeit his reluctance to come for crosses still irks me.He's a cracking shot-stopper though, and has saved us in more games than he's cost us.I imagine he'll be in a battle for the Number One jersey next season, as Murray will be looking for more competition in that area, but that can only be a good thing as far as I'm concerned.

I agree with you on his ability to deal with crosses, it's a real worry of mine. I

really hope he has competition for the jersey.

I agree with you on his ability to deal with crosses, it's a real worry of mine. I

really hope he has competition for the jersey.

I have to say I thought he looked more suspect in the 2nd division than he did this / last season.....perhaps it was the Craig Gordon influence.....or perhaps (after In Murray came in) our defence looked bit more solid with Lithgow and Graham as commanding centre halfs?

shay underrated for me. excellent news. i feel craig gordon worked wonders with him last year. shaky an absolute cock still. stop trying to sound like an expert.

You seem to have a fascination with calling 'shaky' (should be shakey) a cock. I don't disagree, but what's he done to upset you so badly? Seems personal.