Sons' sorrow

From the couple of games I seen of Dumbarton last year he was your best player, and I'm guessing with the way your team sets up he is probably the most important as well!!

He was our best player last season, however, I feel Lister was just slightly more important, due to being that wee bit more consistent.

ETA: I do think Turner is the most important player to re-sign for next season.

Edited by bigmacDFC

Fantastic signing!! I agree about captain material. I just hope he doesnt regress with his lack of full time training but im sure murray has it all under control! I few hibs loanees would be fine

With the mention of 'increased training' and the likes, I wouldn't imagine that'll be an issue. As he doesn't have a 'day job' so to speak, I'd presume Smith will make up for the full-time training he's been used to by training a fair bit by himself in addition to squad training.

Hope the above is true regarding Turner, although I'll wait to see something official somewhere before breaking out the party hats and banners.

I'm hopeful he's enjoyed his first season enough with us to at least give serious consideration to signing with us again, but if (and it's a big IF) he's going to sign for us over a full-time club, it'd be superb to say the least.

He did state he'd just passed his personal trainer course so I'd imagine a full time PT wage combined with what we'll be paying would be more than Morton could offer.

Could be a sensible move for him, especially considering he has a young family.

He's irreplacable imo so fingers crossed.

Before I got what you meant, I was wondering what a full time part time wage was :lol:

wont be better signing for sons this pre season. murray doing wonders. and well done the club for splashin the cash. hope we can get a decent proven striker in now.brian graham? weatherson?

Weatherson would be a very decent signing for the Sons. Not that far from where he lives and is most likely going to be wanting a part-time contract to juggle his coaching role with Morton.