Sons' sorrow

Go on give us the prolific Gemmell's goals total should be a right laugh!!

One goal against Raith does not make you any good, bearing in mind he missed a penalty moments b4.

Utter pish

One goal against Raith does not make you any good, bearing in mind he missed a penalty moments b4.

Utter pish

In 24 starts and 23 sub appearances John scored 8 times. Or if you prefer 1 every 5.8 games. Hardly prolific.

How can Josh Horne, who has been shite every time I have seen him, is a sectraian wee shite and looks like he is from Only Way Is Essex, be kept on, whereas Metcalfe and Pearson aren't.

Edited by bigmacDFC

I don't know much of Horne, or indeed Pearson or Metcalfe for that matter, but I can't say I'm bothered about any of them being released.

They couldn't get into the side this season under Adamson or Murray, even when we were terrible until Christmas, so I'm happy to trust Murray judgement in allowing them to seek a move elsewhere.

Gemmell wasn't prolific, no, but he's been one of our better strikers in recent years.

A goal in every three starts is at least 'decent', and substitute appearances can often count for very little, many of them could have been cameos.

Flannery, Russell and Lister are all far better strikers, no doubt, but Gemmell wasn't nearly as bad as people make out/recall in his time with us. We've had far worse than him, that's for sure.

Edited by ShakehandsTom - DFC

Utter pish

And showed great character to score after that. Remember he was playing in a shite side

C'mon Snudge he cannot be defended!!, remember McCabe didn't want to waste the money he had on Dobbie permanently and signed The beast.

Hopeless

Anyway all good boys that have resigned so far

C'mon Snudge he cannot be defended!!, remember McCabe didn't want to waste the money he had on Dobbie permanently and signed The beast.

Hopeless

Anyway all good boys that have resigned so far

He can be defended. Who's top the 2nd division scoring charts at the moment?

What happened with Lamont ? Usually always impressed when I seen him play for St.mirren 19's?

He was better in his first loan spell with us, but even then, hardly great.

He's been poor in the few occasions he's been fielded this season, and is far too slight for anything at this level or above in my opinion.

If he spends the summer in the gym, learns to tackle and becomes more willing to track back then he'd have a chance. But for now, thanks but no thanks.

ETA: We'll take Paul McGinn back though please. :)

Edited by ShakehandsTom - DFC

He was better in his first loan spell with us, but even then, hardly great.

He's been poor in the few occasions he's been fielded this season, and is far too slight for anything at this level or above in my opinion.

If he spends the summer in the gym, learns to tackle and becomes more willing to track back then he'd have a chance. But for now, thanks but no thanks.

ETA: We'll take Paul McGinn back though please. :)

He was very good last season, a major part in our promotion.

He has stuggled this season though because he has been at a team that requires 110% from every player. He is very lightweight, and hasn't looked very fit. However he has put in a couple of good games.

Based on purely attacking ability he could play at this level. He can beat players at will and cross with both feet very well.

I believe if he was playing for a team like Thistle he would do really well. I mean a team at the top end of the table, like us last year, not a team fighting for their lives, like us this season.

He needs to bulk up, grow some baws and be better off the ball.

Dobbie was never signing for us permanently. Less than a week since the season ended and we're arguing about John Gemmell and Stephen Dobbie, it's going to be a long summer.

Edited by Sweet Pete

Dobbie was never signing for us permanently. Less than a week since the season ended and we're arguing about John Gemmell and Stephen Dobbie, it's going to be a long summer.

Constructive debate Peter

Anyway stand corrected on the beast he did play before Dobbie but then Dobbies time was memorable!!