Sons' sorrow

I would be happy enough to see Nicky return, yes.

personally, i wouldnt have him back...when he was here this season on loan, he looked as if he had gone backwards, and tbh i thought he looked out of his depth at SFL1 level. Great in the 2nd division though

personally, i wouldnt have him back...when he was here this season on loan, he looked as if he had gone backwards, and tbh i thought he looked out of his depth at SFL1 level. Great in the 2nd division though

He definitely didn't have the same impact as he did at 16 when he came into the team and put in some storming performances, but I reckon he's still probably young enough to improve. I doubt it'll come to pass anyway and this is really just off-season hypotheticals.

How's it terrible logic. How else can you quantitatively measure how well a team defend. We have consistent had a solid back four built around John Armstrong. Everyone in the SFL would admit that be is far better than Lithgow. You seem to be arguing for the sake of arguing. You can't objectively discuss your own players without saying they are all brilliant.

Moore has only been at under half a season but yes I would say your offensive players (Agnew, Gilhaney, McDougall) are better than ours. Stewart is technically our best player but poor onfront of goal and strikers are measured on goals.

Not sure why you're so unhappy about this. Last season there was two strategies to score against Dumbo. Ball in behind and any set piece. That comes down to the centre half.

You mention that Moore has only been there half a season, as have 2 of our strongest back 4. The afore mentioned 4 are quality defenders, the rest of our defenders are shite.

The fact that you say that strikers should only be measured on the amount of goals they score just shows your awful logic.

Lithgow is quick for a centre back, one of the fastest centre back in the 1st and 2nd divisions. McGinn is by far the fastest defender in the league, and one of the fastest players.

I would argue that set piece defending comes down to all the players picking up their man and a decisive goalkeeper, it's just we didn't do or have that

To an extent yes but the centre halfs must organise when defending set pieces. To me it highlights what a fucking awful manager AA was when it came down to it.

Edited by Cowden til i die

Will be interesting to see who's kept on and who's let go.

Personally I'd like us to Keep: Lister :wub: , Prunty, Gilhaney, Agnew, MacDougall, Turner , Graham, Lithgow, Grindlay, Ewings*, Fleming - I'm sure I've forgot someone here, and I can't for the life of me think who...

Of those I'd like to keep Lister, Turner & Fleming are probably the most likely to end up offered something elsewhere :(

Aside from that I'm not overly fussed. I'd consider keeping Lamont, provided he bulks up a bit and learns to tackle <_<

There's no doubt where we need to strengthen, Our defence has been a problem all season, and we need to sign at least 3 Full-Backs. I'd take McGinn back in a heartbeat, that boys fantastic and destined for bigger things. Smith I'd take as well if he doesn't get a FT club. We need another CB as well, preferably one with a bit of pace.

I'd consider another keeper if we can get another one in who's better than what we have (but thats doubtful) and in that instance I wouldn't keep *Ewings.

We'll need another CM as we're a bit short in there although both this and CB depend on where Murray decides he should play. And likely another Winger and a Striker. 2 strikers if Lister goes :thumbsdown , some of our fans are chanting for John Gemmill but I'm not convinced about him. Saying that I wasn't conviced about Lister when he signed either so whoever is signed is due a chance.

Tonight should be quite interesting, anyone know if the twitter is doing updates?

Will be interesting to see who's kept on and who's let go.

Personally I'd like us to Keep: Lister :wub: , Prunty, Gilhaney, Agnew, MacDougall, Turner , Graham, Lithgow, Grindlay, Ewings*, Fleming - I'm sure I've forgot someone here, and I can't for the life of me think who...

Of those I'd like to keep Lister, Turner & Fleming are probably the most likely to end up offered something elsewhere :(

Aside from that I'm not overly fussed. I'd consider keeping Lamont, provided he bulks up a bit and learns to tackle <_<

There's no doubt where we need to strengthen, Our defence has been a problem all season, and we need to sign at least 3 Full-Backs. I'd take McGinn back in a heartbeat, that boys fantastic and destined for bigger things. Smith I'd take as well if he doesn't get a FT club. We need another CB as well, preferably one with a bit of pace.

I'd consider another keeper if we can get another one in who's better than what we have (but thats doubtful) and in that instance I wouldn't keep *Ewings.

We'll need another CM as we're a bit short in there although both this and CB depend on where Murray decides he should play. And likely another Winger and a Striker. 2 strikers if Lister goes :thumbsdown , some of our fans are chanting for John Gemmill but I'm not convinced about him. Saying that I wasn't conviced about Lister when he signed either so whoever is signed is due a chance.

Tonight should be quite interesting, anyone know if the twitter is doing updates?

No but Sky Sports have a reporter standing at the doors and will be interviewing the players as they leave.

PS, I'm sure I made up that Gemmell rumour on Saturday for the lols - he's under contract at Stenny I believe in any case.

No but Sky Sports have a reporter standing at the doors and will be interviewing the players as they leave.

PS, I'm sure I made up that Gemmell rumour on Saturday for the lols - he's under contract at Stenny I believe in any case.

I didn't lol :rolleyes:

I'm sure someone mentioned it before although that might have been The Snudge which means there's absolutely no truth in it. I was lurking in the 2nd Div forum last night and read he had signed for someone there - although I didn't check if it was confirmed...

Edited by untitled00

The beast and Iain Russell would be fine. Part time full backs of any quality are a rarity and that's where I think we'll struggle, a couple of loanees would be our best bet to solve these issues. Centre defence might need some shoring up, I'd maybe take Ben Gordon back as cover