Sons' sorrow

I'm happy with Murray making improvement to the squad as he sees fit and bringing in Winters I don't have a problem with.

He obviously doesn't think any of our U19's are up to the task, and what little I've seen of them, I'd be inclined to agree.

Whether it be Winters, Riordan or whoever, someone who will improve our squad has to be a good thing. If any of our squad aren't happy with that, then tough luck as far as I'm concerned.

We're down near the bottom of the table for a reason and the squad needs improving. How Murray does that, I'm happy to trust in what he's doing and how he's doing it.

If Riordan were to come here it could go one of two ways, as CTID speculates, it could cause disruption in the dressing room and he may well not be interested. Or, if he was interested (and it's a big 'if') he'd be a cut above at this level and could (again, it's a big 'could') get us a fair few hugely important goals.

If he were to sign, then I'd be happy to trust that Murray knows what he's doing with regards to keeping him motivated, but it's pie-in-the-sky as far as I'm concerned.

So Stuart Urquhart has gone back to Rangers after his loan spell. He provided an option at centre-half while he was with us, but based on his performance against Cowdenbeath most recently, I can't say I'm particularly upset that his loan spell has finished.

Also the Falkirk game has been re-scheduled for Tuesday 16th April, due to Falkirk's cup exploits.

Chapman is gone yes.

Have we signed Winters? I didn't think McCusker looked too bad, just didn't look match sharp. I'm still not sold on Winters but Murray obviously sees more of the pair of them than me. Whilst Murray has made small changes where possible I feel it's only fair to judge him properly when he has the chance to build his own team in the summer. I just hope the decisions he's making just now pay off and keep us in this league.

McCusker on loan to Clyde.

Surprised at that to be honest and think he's a better option than Winters. Dont understand why Murray signed him to loan him out within a few months.

Must be looking to free up a wage for Winters.

I must admit I'm quite surprised at that as well, tbh.

That said, it could be that Murray brought him in as a stop-gap, and how that he is potentially bringing in Winters (or maybe someone else) he's deemed surplus to requirements?

I'm still surprised by the move none-the-less.

Chapman is gone yes.

Have we signed Winters? I didn't think McCusker looked too bad, just didn't look match sharp. I'm still not sold on Winters but Murray obviously sees more of the pair of them than me. Whilst Murray has made small changes where possible I feel it's only fair to judge him properly when he has the chance to build his own team in the summer. I just hope the decisions he's making just now pay off and keep us in this league.

Last week was the last game Winters could play on a trial basis, and apparently he was asking for waaay too much money to stay on so I'd be surprised if the club agreed to it. However, if McCusker IS away then that may have freed up some cash.

I get the feeling that come the end of this season the revolving door will be spinning furiouisly as Murray finally gets to build his own team.

Winters signed until end season. I thought he looked useful against Thistle and gives us some extra options up front. Agree he hasn't as much pace any more at 38 but i have faith that Murray will get the best out of him for the games that are left.