Sons' sorrow

You are Alan Adamson and I claim my £5.

I'm not grey haired! Well, maybe a wee bit in my beard here and there...

In the end I had only pity for Chizzy. Being played out of position in a league above his capabilities was just cruel. Total humiliation week after week.

I'm a sucker for an underdog story.

Chisholm did someone say chisholm..let's go the whole hog and Bring back Craig lynes James Allen and James harkens. Chissie was the second worse player to pull on a dumbarton shirt. Only the immortal Gary dickie whom I still.have nightmares about was worse.

Oh my God. You have not lived!

Chissie is far from the second worst Sons player ever.

There was a bloke called Wynne who played for part of a season in the 60s and who literally couldn't kick the ball.

There must be others whom I've blocked out. Many others.

Oh my God. You have not lived!

Chissie is far from the second worst Sons player ever.

There was a bloke called Wynne who played for part of a season in the 60s and who literally couldn't kick the ball.

There must be others whom I've blocked out. Many others.

Alan Wynne, indeed. Signed from Cambusbarron Amateurs circa 1967 as left winger, and possibly the only serious asthma sufferer ever to break into Scottish senior football. I recall him as a spindly guy with a mop of fuzzy mid-60's style dark hair who had to take frequent 'rests' during games. Hardly ideal, but then again it was one of our grim periods.

As regards nightmares of the DFC playing variety, people might be interested to know that when Boghead closed it's puddles in May 2000 there was a suggestion to have a pre-match 'March Past Of The Diddies' which was quickly aborted when it was realised that even from 1970 onwards, for a 3pm Saturday kick-off the march past would have started at 4am the previous Tuesday.

• 2 weeks later...

What's happened to our fantastic away support? Just received a text saying the buses to Partick and Hamilton aren't running due to lack of bookings. It was only £4 to get to Partick, you won't get cheaper than that on the train.<br />Another annoying thing was hearing the quiz night was cancelled due to lack of teams. Very poor from our fans in a season where interest, I feel, should be higher due to our first division status.

What's happened to our fantastic away support? Just received a text saying the buses to Partick and Hamilton aren't running due to lack of bookings. It was only £4 to get to Partick, you won't get cheaper than that on the train.<br />Another annoying thing was hearing the quiz night was cancelled due to lack of teams. Very poor from our fans in a season where interest, I feel, should be higher due to our first division status.

Most folk going to the thistle match will drive or take the train, understandably.

Hamilton is a midweek away, hardly ideal for many.

Both of these matches cost at least £16 entry, ideal for nobody.

Pity about the quiz right enough.

Possibly something to do with the fact that it's a dry bus, for a similar price to public transport, to a game mere minutes away. There's no reason why we should even be trying to run a bus to Partick.

Hamilton is also a doddle by public transport and, in fact, since the bus convenors refuse to make stops other than at Dumbarton or at the ground we're visiting it's much easier for myself and presumably others who don't live in the town to make our own way to games. Last time I asked to get off somewhere other than Dumbarton I was first met with a flat "no" and then eventually dropped on the side of the motorway. Small clubs like ours should be bending over backwards to get folk along, but if they're going to be unreasonable then I'll continue to not use them except for distant away games.

And don't get me started on that fucking karaoke machine.

Must admit I was surprised to see Robbie Winters turn out for us on Saturday. May be useful for training and in the dressing room but I fail to see how he improves us on the park.

me too, but he had some nice touches when he came on. It may be he will only be a trialist for cover while Garry Fleming is out injured?