Sons' sorrow

Any comments on yesterdays fans forum?

For me it's pretty obvious how Jardine feels about the whole thing (despite him stating he's 50/50 etc).

I only really went to have a better understanding of what the whole things about and how it works and the presentation delivered that clearly. Well done to the club for putting it together.

Highlight of the meeting was the 'meanwhile, back at the ranch' comment. I'll be bumping that one, belter.

It didn't really tell me anything we didn't already know. All talk about money though and the only thing mentioned about football was "more meaningful games will be created" which has absolutely no evidence to suggest that will be the case. Austria, Switzerland and Georgia have all tried this system and each time the number of fans showing up at games has decreased by around 30%.

I appreciate the club having the meeting but I feel at this stage there is too many question marks over the whole thing. Gilbert suggested that it would be one club, one vote but Jardine seemed to think that it will be staggered votes (i.e. 3 votes SPL, 2 votes Championship etc.) which is the biggest issue for me. If we go for this but give them the staggered voting structure it'll be all over for me. As soon as this system goes tits up they will have the power to change it whatever way they like and it'll be away tae f**k with all the diddy teams.

The nonsense about "changing the game for the greater good if we are united" is fucking cringeworthy as well.

Sure I might have asked this before but how has young Nicky Devlin done on loan for you lot this season? Think that's his loan deal finished and he's returning to Motherwell now, with Hateley away in the summer we have an opening at right back next season. Just wondering if this lad has the potential to fill it?

Sure I might have asked this before but how has young Nicky Devlin done on loan for you lot this season? Think that's his loan deal finished and he's returning to Motherwell now, with Hateley away in the summer we have an opening at right back next season. Just wondering if this lad has the potential to fill it?

I like Nicky a lot. He's a solid enough player but don't know if he's ready for SPL just now. Thought we had him until the end of January but best of luck to him at Motherwell.

I've been a wee bit disappointed since his return.

He's a fantastic player and seems to have really bulked up since going full time but I expected a wee bit more from him than he's shown.

Hopefully he can kick on at Motherwell and break into the first team. He has a great attitude and has done brilliantly to return from such a bad injury. If anyone deserves to be successful then it's Nicky.

Looked a brilliant player when he first broke into the Sons team at 16. Hasn't looked as good since 'Well loaned him back to us, though he is much more built than previously. Wouldn't mind hanging onto him, but I don't see him playing SPL football.

1359297532[/url]' post='7022212']

It didn't really tell me anything we didn't already know. All talk about money though and the only thing mentioned about football was "more meaningful games will be created" which has absolutely no evidence to suggest that will be the case. Austria, Switzerland and Georgia have all tried this system and each time the number of fans showing up at games has decreased by around 30%.

I appreciate the club having the meeting but I feel at this stage there is too many question marks over the whole thing. Gilbert suggested that it would be one club, one vote but Jardine seemed to think that it will be staggered votes (i.e. 3 votes SPL, 2 votes Championship etc.) which is the biggest issue for me. If we go for this but give them the staggered voting structure it'll be all over for me. As soon as this system goes tits up they will have the power to change it whatever way they like and it'll be away tae f**k with all the diddy teams.

The nonsense about "changing the game for the greater good if we are united" is fucking cringeworthy as well.

Nothing to add to this excellent post

I've been a wee bit disappointed since his return.

He's a fantastic player and seems to have really bulked up since going full time but I expected a wee bit more from him than he's shown.

Hopefully he can kick on at Motherwell and break into the first team. He has a great attitude and has done brilliantly to return from such a bad injury. If anyone deserves to be successful then it's Nicky.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts as well. He's a solid defender, but when he came back to us this season, I expected him to look more ready to get into the Motherwell side than he has done. He could well make it there, but I think another loan spell would be what he needs to get under his belt next season, rather than going back to Motherwell and brig a bit-part player at best just now.

Cheers, doesn't look like he's ready yet then.

To be honest I don't know why we're bringing him back, he'll be behind Hateley, Kerr and probably the returning Saunders for the right back role so he probably won't even feature. Those three are all out of contract in the summer so he'll have a chance to push for a first team slot next season but I can't see him getting a game in the 2nd half of the season.

You never know he might end up coming back as it would make more sense for him to be getting regular competitive football for Dumbarton rather than sitting in stands and playing for our U 20's.

Edited by Casagolda

Just seen on the OS Patch Walker has left the club with mutual agreement.

Good luck Pat, you was awesome last season.

making room for incoming player maybe??

Great guy, was surprised we kept him last season but think that was out of loyalty rather than ability. Good player for 3rd/2nd div

Pat Walker's workrate and 'never give up' attitude made him well liked amongst us, and he was an invaluable part of our success over the last couple of seasons.

He's not a profiling goal scorer, but his workrate is superb and a team in the divisions below will undoubtedly be willing to take him based on what he offers. Probably a bit to big a jump up to First Division, but will certainly do a job for someone else.

Good Luck Patch!

Well he played for Annan before us and it didn't suit with his work commitments, so unless they've changed he won't be heading there.

That said, he and Chapman are bound to have a decent working relationship, so it would be far from totally out of the question. He'd do a good job at that level.

Well he played for Annan before us and it didn't suit with his work commitments, so unless they've changed he won't be heading there.

That said, he and Chapman are bound to have a decent working relationship, so it would be far from totally out of the question. He'd do a good job at that level.

That is why I think he'll go there, he's played under Chapman at Albion Rovers and at Dumbarton, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Also, the Albion Rovers fans seemed to love him when we went there last season.

Edited by The Elephant In The Rock

It really has to be said that this is a genuinely enviable run of form you lot are on.

The way it's going you'll be looking at mid-table, which for any part-time club would be an immense achievement.

I think your main worry will now be bigger clubs sniffing around Murray.

You have a very good point, but let's not forget that the run we're having is extraordinary. Someone else mentioned that normally you'd get a bounce after a new manager comes in, then it all goes back to normal. For some fantastic reason, that's not quite how the current script is going, and most of us are delighted with that.

The point is, until recently we were really struggling, and I really hope we can keep it going, but I'm being cautious too because we could easily slump back again.

Other clubs can sniff all they want but it's maybe too early to start worrying abot losing him. Murray should be safe for a while.

Mind you, if he keeps getting the lads to perform he'll have a great managerial career ahead of him.

You have a very good point, but let's not forget that the run we're having is extraordinary. Someone else mentioned that normally you'd get a bounce after a new manager comes in, then it all goes back to normal. For some fantastic reason, that's not quite how the current script is going, and most of us are delighted with that.

The point is, until recently we were really struggling, and I really hope we can keep it going, but I'm being cautious too because we could easily slump back again.

Other clubs can sniff all they want but it's maybe too early to start worrying abot losing him. Murray should be safe for a while.

Mind you, if he keeps getting the lads to perform he'll have a great managerial career ahead of him.

Murrinho is going nowhere......