Sons' sorrow

I don't have a problem with Lamont signing on, Lamont hasn't been great this season but I'd like us to have another option on the LW if McDougall is injured. As much as Fleming will put a shift in, he's much better through the middle. If he can get his defensive work rate up a bit then all the better.

Edited by untitled00

A player I really like, perhaps even more so given that he's local, came through our youth system and has played various positions for us. Sad to see him go out on loan, particularly given that this'll likely be the last we'll see of him, as with Nicoll and Lyden. I hope he does well at Annan and I hope to see him back at the Rock at some point. His partnership with Lithgow last season was crucial to us getting promoted. All the best, Martin.

McNiff will still be under contract next season though. I hope we see him back again.

Is that right? I thought he got a 2 year deal last season, so this season was his last? If so then I'm happy with that, hopefully he'll go out and get regular games and come back to us next season. It's unfortunate that he's now 3rd choice centre half as he was previously a first pick, but he's still relatively young and going out and playing every week will be good for him.

Can't say I'm overly bothered he's been farmed out, has looked out of his depth this season and will benefit more from regular games at Annan than sitting on the bench with us. Obviously Murray has deemed him not good enough for this campaign and I'd tend to agree with that on what I've seen so far.

Still young so hopefully we'll see him back a better player, he was decent last season.

[/quote name=Bring Back Paddy Flannery' timestamp='1359117125' post='7015592]

Can't say I'm overly bothered he's been farmed out, has looked out of his depth this season and will benefit more from regular games at Annan than sitting on the bench with us. Obviously Murray has deemed him not good enough for this campaign and I'd tend to agree with that on what I've seen so far.

Still young so hopefully we'll see him back a better player, he was decent last season.

Quite pleased with this, as it's another indication that Ian Murray understands the quality of player needed to play in this division. Martin McNiff is young and willing but falls short of quality and pace for me. He is also extremely one-footed. We wish him well at Annan but I think we need to set our sights higher and I hope that Murray is actively working on that.

I wasn't McNiff's biggest fan for a while even after he'd been a regular in the team for a time, but over the last year or so, he really improved and became a solid centre-half for us.

His partnership with Lithgow last year was solid and I think he's got the potential to be good enough for this level at some point. Whether that's with us now, or someone else years down the line, who knows?

Murray obviously doesn't include him in his plans for the remainder of the season though, so I'm glad he's going to get the chance to play regularly at Annan. He'll be a solid addition for them at Third Division level, and first-team football is exactly what he needs.

Murray hopefully either has plans to bring in a replacement he rates, or plans to use himself in central defence if needed.

If anyone had told me a month ago that we'd be in 8th place today, I would've recommended a visit to a mental health institution. After looking at the table this evening, I realised that we're actually not far off mid table and actually think we could end up staying up fairly comfortably!

Nurse!

If anyone had told me a month ago that we'd be in 8th place today, I would've recommended a visit to a mental health institution. After looking at the table this evening, I realised that we're actually not far off mid table and actually think we could end up staying up fairly comfortably!

Nurse!

Steady !! How about a 20 team top league next season rolleyes.gif

Any comments on yesterdays fans forum?

For me it's pretty obvious how Jardine feels about the whole thing (despite him stating he's 50/50 etc).

I only really went to have a better understanding of what the whole things about and how it works and the presentation delivered that clearly. Well done to the club for putting it together.

Highlight of the meeting was the 'meanwhile, back at the ranch' comment. I'll be bumping that one, belter.

It really has to be said that this is a genuinely enviable run of form you lot are on.

The way it's going you'll be looking at mid-table, which for any part-time club would be an immense achievement.

I think your main worry will now be bigger clubs sniffing around Murray.