Sons' sorrow

14 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yep, theres a massive market in Dumbarton, Vale and Helensburgh and you dont seem to do anything yourselves to really get in about it. The guy Fraser from Broomhill is quite a moron but he’ll try hard. I just think its a mental bit of business for Dumbarton. 

It might push us further towards the abyss, and perhaps that's really the only eventual solution to all of this.  The club is now increasingly distant not only from the area but also from it's own support.  A total shitshow.

47 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yep, theres a massive market in Dumbarton, Vale and Helensburgh and you dont seem to do anything yourselves to really get in about it. The guy Fraser from Broomhill is quite a moron but he’ll try hard. I just think its a mental bit of business for Dumbarton. 

Dumbarton Football Club is a total embarassment these days but in recent years the club and volunteers have tried a lot to entice the locals. From free kids season tickets to special ‘Young Sons’ packages, partnerships with local businesses with discounts for season ticket holders and I’m sure at one point in recent years we even had players going round the local schools speaking to the kids and offering out tickets. The club has really pushed the boat out to try and entice the local youngsters and it has worked to a degree with a fairly large number of wee guys now attending on a weekly basis. We have recently partnered up with a local youth team and some of their players have even made it into matchday squads when we were short on numbers, I’m sure they have now adopted Dumbarton FC as their official name and play in our kits.

Unfortunately when you are based in a town and surrounded by towns where 99.9% of the population support Rangers or Celtic is pretty much impossible to entice the older generation in. If we flung the doors open for free these folk still wouldn’t turn up. 

FWIW we still offer a Young Sons membership for 20 quid a year which includes access to all the games, a christmas party with the players in attendance and a game on the pitch (lol) among other things that weans like. I think it’s the one thing the club actually deserve credit for at the minute.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

The boys deserve a good piss up after throwing away the league and embarrassing themselves in the play offs.

Going by the Galabank "performance", they may have had a piss up already.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The boys deserve a good piss up after throwing away the league and embarrassing themselves in the play offs.

Tbf there will be quite a few new faces who weren't involved in last season's debacle, so I wouldn't be against it.

36 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You wouldn't be against it because it lets you watch a match for under £100 :P

Ouch!

I'm actually quite tempted to buy a Dulwich season ticket. Its a nice place to watch football. However, when its a 'key' moment in the match, the legions of white middle-class in those absurd tiny beenie hats, take out their house keys and start jangling them. Its the most cringeworthy thing I've ever seen.

4 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Ouch!

I'm actually quite tempted to buy a Dulwich season ticket. Its a nice place to watch football. However, when its a 'key' moment in the match, the legions of white middle-class in those absurd tiny beenie hats, take out their house keys and start jangling them. Its the most cringeworthy thing I've ever seen.

Possibly the most English thing I've ever heard. 

This whole Broomhill thing reeks of a merger...some devious ploy to unite the clubs , change the name  and upsticks to cumbernauld or somewhere leaving the ground to be sold or whatever.Its deeply concerning that its 5 years..there is a longterm plan here.One year I get to see how things go but 5 years is something more sinister...it doesnt feel right at all.

As for the signings on paper they are good but im not sure how the reality will be.We are often wowed by a name but either theyre done or not bothered.I hope it works out as giving everything else thats going on we need some onfield joy.Cant see it though.The pitch will be dire and we will be playing hoofball to an ever dwindling support.A ripe situation for a merger or mover to dublin.Shamrock sons or some pish.

We're doomed 

22 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

This whole Broomhill thing reeks of a merger...some devious ploy to unite the clubs , change the name  and upsticks to cumbernauld or somewhere leaving the ground to be sold or whatever.Its deeply concerning that its 5 years..there is a longterm plan here.One year I get to see how things go but 5 years is something more sinister...it doesnt feel right at all.

As for the signings on paper they are good but im not sure how the reality will be.We are often wowed by a name but either theyre done or not bothered.I hope it works out as giving everything else thats going on we need some onfield joy.Cant see it though.The pitch will be dire and we will be playing hoofball to an ever dwindling support.A ripe situation for a merger or mover to dublin.Shamrock sons or some pish.

We're doomed 

Is Michael Keaton the new owner of cognitive capital? 

8 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Yep. Plus the pies at English games are shite. Always those really flakey ones you can only eat with a fork.

Do they do them with mushy peas and gravy or is that just a Northern thing? 

52 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

Do they do them with mushy peas and gravy or is that just a Northern thing? 

That must be a Northern thing, I guess, but I haven't been to many grounds up North, so need to investigate. I did get Souvlaki at Dulwich, which was great, but literally took the entire first half to queue for.

https://twitter.com/FootyScran/status/1490023164423905281?s=20