Sons' sorrow

48 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It looks more and more likely to me that the management know Finlay is offski. 

Rumour I heard was that he'd been offered a full time contract with QoS, but would have preferred to stay with us if we won promotion...so...I've got no idea 

6 minutes ago, aftershocker said:

Rumour I heard was that he'd been offered a full time contract with QoS, but would have preferred to stay with us if we won promotion...so...I've got no idea 

If they are offering him a deal then they’ll need to agree/meet any fee we’re asking for first. 

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If they are offering him a deal then they’ll need to agree/meet any fee we’re asking for first. 

True...unless he has a higher division release clause in his contract...I've no idea if this is the case though

7 minutes ago, aftershocker said:

True...unless he has a higher division release clause in his contract...I've no idea if this is the case though

Even if he does we’ll be due training compo given his age. Not that it will be hellish much but I’d imagine that would need to be ironed out before any contracts were offered.

On 19/05/2023 at 17:07, FifeSons said:

On 19/05/2023 at 17:51, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'll be surprised if he returns.  He can probably expect about half a dozen clubs across Leagues One and Two to be interested in him, most of which will be offering him more.  Also, I believe Orsi is his cousin so maybe his decision could also be a factor.

Never doubt me, lads.

Carlo can easily play right midfield and I’m sure that’s where we’ll see him rather than right back or centre mid. If there’s an injury then his versatility becomes an asset. 

A two year deal for Carlo is some astoundingly good business at this level. He'll be one of the best full-backs in the division. And one of the best central midfielders.

That's midfield sorted. Couple of CBs now plz Faz, then some strikers.

23 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Never doubt me, lads.

OK Jan, fair play to you, and Carlo Pignatiello is a decent signing.

By my reckoning we potentially now have Blair, David Wilson, Calum Wilson, Wylde, Wallace, Gray, Vata, Orsi and Pignatiello all capable of playing in midfield so I take it we're done there ?

Carlo is a decent signing but I do worry about the lack of creativity in that midfield if I’m being honest. We don’t really have a playmaker or someone who looks capable of playing a real killer pass. It just seems like a load of grafters and guys who can make a tackle to me. Gray is good at driving forward and carrying the ball but I’d still have him in the grafter category. 

9 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

OK Jan, fair play to you, and Carlo Pignatiello is a decent signing.

By my reckoning we potentially now have Blair, David Wilson, Calum Wilson, Wylde, Wallace, Gray, Vata, Orsi and Pignatiello all capable of playing in midfield so I take it we're done there ?

You don't know how much I ummed and aaahd before deciding to put that Carlo story in print, so I'm relieved more than anything to see him with the scarf!

I'd imagine the plan will be to loan out Vata, but I agree. And you've missed out Blair Malcolm, who reckons central midfield is his strongest position. We have a very congested central midfield in particular. Aron Lynas can do a job there as well if needed.

I suppose the positive is that we have a few players who are versatile; Carlo, Malcolm, Wallace in particular. But it would be a shame to ram some square pegs in round holes.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Carlo is a decent signing but I do worry about the lack of creativity in that midfield if I’m being honest. We don’t really have a playmaker or someone who looks capable of playing a real killer pass. It just seems like a load of grafters and guys who can make a tackle to me. Gray is good at driving forward and carrying the ball but I’d still have him in the grafter category. 

Suppose we don’t need anyone capable of playing killer passes when we’re only looking to hoof it long 😂

11 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

You don't know how much I ummed and aaahd before deciding to put that Carlo story in print, so I'm relieved more than anything to see him with the scarf!

I'd imagine the plan will be to loan out Vata, but I agree. And you've missed out Blair Malcolm, who reckons central midfield is his strongest position. We have a very congested central midfield in particular. Aron Lynas can do a job there as well if needed.

I suppose the positive is that we have a few players who are versatile; Carlo, Malcolm, Wallace in particular. But it would be a shame to ram some square pegs in round holes.

Perhaps Stevie is going all modern/retro and planning to use a W-M / box-midfield setup.

It's the square pegs in round holes, isn't it?

Mark durnan signs. From what I can remember he was honking at falkirk (?) But I feel like thats a great signing, helped lead alloa to a top 4 finish in league 1 too.

I'd say those 4 signings are pretty positive. Wonder if crighton will be next?

Edited by DFCTTFM