Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

I'm not sure Tony Wallace would be a good acquisition at this stage of his career etc and I see him as similar to Div Wilson. Didn't he also leave on a sour note or am I making things up? 😂

Don't remember Wallace leaving under any cloud. I'm not against him signing, he's a solid enough option at this level and can play a couple of positions. 

2 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

Given the Marley reference is it someone like Bob McHugh? 😉

Our teaser the other day was a biblical phrase from Matthew which I'm yet to figure out the relevance of. @sarti pooh's patter is too advanced for my mongrel mind. 

Callum Wilson Signing. Pleased with that honestly, he seemed to have improved and scored an absolute belter into us in that 5-1 gubbing. 

Maybe all he needed was a good run of 1st team games. I really hope we go for more youthful players this season aswell as we sort of lacked that last season.

10 minutes ago, DFCTTFM said:

Callum Wilson Signing. Pleased with that honestly, he seemed to have improved and scored an absolute belter into us in that 5-1 gubbing. 

Maybe all he needed was a good run of 1st team games. I really hope we go for more youthful players this season aswell as we sort of lacked that last season.

A possible replacement for Finlay?

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

If I'm being brutally honest I have no recollection of Callum Wilson playing for us before. 

He was with us for 6 months and played about twice under aitken. Didn’t get a chance really. I’m sure he made his debut up at Aberdeen  

2 minutes ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

He was with us for 6 months and played about twice under aitken. Didn’t get a chance really. I’m sure he made his debut up at Aberdeen  

*Duffy.

Callum Wilson played 158 minutes of football in his first spell with us. His debut was at Pittodrie in our annual 1-0 defeat, and he did fairly well. After that I remember nothing.

He looked good for the Wee Rovers this season to be fair. Although is he a better option than David Wilson, Finlay Gray, Blair Malcolm, Ryan Blair and whoever else we have in there? I've not seen enough of him to know.

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

*Duffy.

Callum Wilson played 158 minutes of football in his first spell with us. His debut was at Pittodrie in our annual 1-0 defeat, and he did fairly well. After that I remember nothing.

He looked good for the Wee Rovers this season to be fair. Although is he a better option than David Wilson, Finlay Gray, Blair Malcolm, Ryan Blair and whoever else we have in there? I've not seen enough of him to know.

It looks more and more likely to me that the management know Finlay is offski. 

3 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

*Duffy.

Blair Malcolm may very well be deployed at left back for us, but yes he’s handy at cm. 

For all the talk of squad continuity, we’ve actually got a fairly big rebuild on our hands.

I see that Kieran Wright has signed a new two year deal at Rangers. You have to say fair play to him, because I thought he was really ropey for us once teams sussed that he was good at dealing with crosses, but couldn't actually save shots. He's 24 now, so that'll take him to 26 at Rangers. I had him as stick on to be in League One or League Two this summer.

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It looks more and more likely to me that the management know Finlay is offski. 

I imagine if anyone comes in with any money at all then there isn't a hope in hell of us being in a position to turn it down.

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I imagine if anyone comes in with any money at all then there isn't a hope in hell of us being in a position to turn it down.

Nor should we tbh. I'd love to have him for another year but a club in League 2 picking up talent for free and moving it on a year later for cash is a no brainer. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Nor should we tbh. I'd love to have him for another year but a club in League 2 picking up talent for free and moving it on a year later for cash is a no brainer. 

As painful as it would be, I totally agree. And it's a model that could work wonders for us if we can unearth a gem like him every season (which is a big ask, but hopefully the new scout can help out with that).