Sons' sorrow

1 minute ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Blair Malcolm was very good against us last year for Albion Rovers I thought. A real pain in the arse and a right nasty guy, snapping into challenges and trying to bully folk. I'm pleased we've brought him in, and we lacked a horrible guy in the team last year imo.

Bucky going to a divisional rival is a blow. Although I guess we just couldn't cope with the $tenhous€muir coin. They are (again) building a very impressive squad for this league.

Yeah, on paper they look decent but last year didn't quite go to plan.

Said over on the transfer thread I'm not sure what to make of that signing. He looked good against us but Albion looked like Barcelona against us in every match but look how it went for them in the end.

49 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

The guys we signed from Rovers last season were decent, so will keep an open mind. They were a weird team; clearly had talent, but only showed it on occasion.

Decent-ish.  David Wilson has the air of being a better player than he actually is, but in the key games he was frequently posted missing.  Byrne works incredibly hard but it was all too often in complete isolation.  If we don't sign a goalscoring striker it will be yet more of the same.

Blair Malcolm impressed me with Rovers this season and he looks a solid defensive addition, just as long as it doesn't result in a midfield containing Blair, Wilson and Wylde as that would be overrun.

Blair Malcolm is an excellent addition IMO. A real dog of a player and that is exactly what we need. And he has a proper ol’ fashioned pony tail/long hair do. Who is the last guy we signed with a proper pony tail/long do like that? Daft wee man buns need not apply (nae offence @the snudge)

Welcome to Dumbarton you big pony tailed dog.

37 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Blair Malcolm is an excellent addition IMO. A real dog of a player and that is exactly what we need. And he has a proper ol’ fashioned pony tail/long hair do. Who is the last guy we signed with a proper pony tail/long do like that? Daft wee man buns need not apply (nae offence @the snudge)

Mines is a top knot 😉

2 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

If dreadlocks count, then Isaac Layne.

We had a wee guy in the mid 90s with a proper ponytail - Jim something. 

I thought Jim Hamilton, but Sons Archive has him as a 12 appearances defender, whereas my memory has him as a midfielder with more appearances than that.

Who to trust, my memory or Sons Archive? Hmmm.

Edited by Boghead ranter

1 hour ago, Boghead ranter said:

We had a wee guy in the mid 90s with a proper ponytail - Jim something. 

I thought Jim Hamilton, but Sons Archive has him as a 12 appearances defender, whereas my memory has him as a midfielder with more appearances than that.

Who to trust, my memory or Sons Archive? Hmmm.

Aye, he had shoulder length hair and was only with us a few months. He was a full back iirc.

We also had Jim Hughes who we signed from Clydebank around 1990 who also had shoulder length hair. He was a midfielder who's claim to fame was scoring the first ever goal at McDiarmid Park for that lot up the road. 

43 minutes ago, microdave said:

Aye, he had shoulder length hair and was only with us a few months. He was a full back iirc.

We also had Jim Hughes who we signed from Clydebank around 1990 who also had shoulder length hair. He was a midfielder who's claim to fame was scoring the first ever goal at McDiarmid Park for that lot up the road. 

Jim Hughes! That's the fella I was thinking about 

10 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Buchanan no longer long haired I take it? He was with us before he re-joined you.

A first-class statement here from Pollok FC on the proposed Conference League.

https://www.pollokfc.com/2023/05/27/club-statement-on-proposed-conference-league/

The Sonstrust has already submitted a letter to DFC, and whilst there was a swift acknowledgement, we don't yet know if the club is in receipt of the SFA proposal communication and what course of action the Board intends to take.

We will seek however to find out prior to any vote taking place.

30 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

A first-class statement here from Pollok FC on the proposed Conference League.

https://www.pollokfc.com/2023/05/27/club-statement-on-proposed-conference-league/

The Sonstrust has already submitted a letter to DFC, and whilst there was a swift acknowledgement, we don't yet know if the club is in receipt of the SFA proposal communication and what course of action the Board intends to take.

We will seek however to find out prior to any vote taking place.

Given that it’s some time since the trust submitted their letter and given the board comprise only two people it’s somewhat concerning that they haven’t stated their intentions by now