Sons' sorrow

50 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

We were on the brink of a groundshare with Broomhill a few years ago. The Covid season I think?

Whilst sharing with them is slightly more palatable than Rangers B. It does beg the question, what on earth is the point of Broomhill FC?

It really is perplexing.

They have never have and are never going to have a fanbase. Absolutely nobody cares about Broomhill in whatever guise they muster or whatever town they pitch up next.

Surely even the owner must be getting bored.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

We were on the brink of a groundshare with Broomhill a few years ago. The Covid season I think?

Whilst sharing with them is slightly more palatable than Rangers B. It does beg the question, what on earth is the point of Broomhill FC?

It isnt any more palatable.

Our pitch isn't good at the best of times. It can't sustain 2 teams playing on it.

30 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

It isnt any more palatable.

Our pitch isn't good at the best of times. It can't sustain 2 teams playing on it.

It isn't a B team. Which is the only positive I can take.

Given Rangers groundstaff couldn't make the park any better then two teams and no additional groundstaff really is going to be something else. No games between November and mid-April at home if there's a moderately bad winter.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

The answer is that there is no point to Broomhill !

They shafted Maryhill when they ground shared at Lochburn.Moved to Alloa with a benefactor,he pulled out and they upped sticks for the Si Ferry show at Broadwood.

An absolute joke of a club and all that is wrong with the Lowland League.

I've heard the hire to Rangers was worth £1500 per game and amounted to a decent share of the clubs income.

Hard to knock back for a club short on cash or looking to compete for good players.

52 minutes ago, sonsanorak said:

I've heard the hire to Rangers was worth £1500 per game and amounted to a decent share of the clubs income.

Hard to knock back for a club short on cash or looking to compete for good players.

Flip side is, had we won the league (and I'm not saying the pitch was the deciding factor but it certainly didn't help) then the £20k or so would have been dwarfed by the extra prize money and bigger away supports next year. 

If we had a plastic pitch then I would probably be perfectly fine with it. Can't believe anyone would want to pay to play on our Passchendaele of a pitch anyway! 

1 hour ago, sonsanorak said:

1500 for 18 games is 27K. 94 full paying adults on a Saturday gives you the same amount each week. I doubt it was a decent share of our income, certainly not enough to look after pitch maintenance costs anyway. 

Its hard to knock back for a club who have made a complete mess of our sponsors deals, managed to piss off one of the only local companies looking to invest in the club whilst simultaneously advertising dodgy operations free of charge. It's hard to knock back for a club who are losing fans due to continually backing a complete loser of a manager. 

We can say we're in a tough financial position which forced us to share a pitch with a bunch of wankers who were sending death threats to one of our players but that tough financial position is entirely self inflicted.

15 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

1500 for 18 games is 27K. 94 full paying adults on a Saturday gives you the same amount each week. I doubt it was a decent share of our income, certainly not enough to look after pitch maintenance costs anyway. 

Its hard to knock back for a club who have made a complete mess of our sponsors deals, managed to piss off one of the only local companies looking to invest in the club whilst simultaneously advertising dodgy operations free of charge. It's hard to knock back for a club who are losing fans due to continually backing a complete loser of a manager. 

We can say we're in a tough financial position which forced us to share a pitch with a bunch of wankers who were sending death threats to one of our players but that tough financial position is entirely self inflicted.

And £35k sponsorship money that wasn't paid would have covered the income from Rangers B, with a little bit left over.

1 hour ago, sonsanorak said:

You seem quite relaxed about a situation that should be a massive cause for concern.  And where are those good players you mention ?

20 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

And £35k sponsorship money that wasn't paid would have covered the income from Rangers B, with a little bit left over.

That sponsorship deal still defies belief, did DFC do any homework at all?

Thinking that cowboy builders with virtually no assets, who should probably be appearing on Rogue Traders would stump up £35k.

5 hours ago, Silverton End said:

That sponsorship deal still defies belief, did DFC do any homework at all?

Thinking that cowboy builders with virtually no assets, who should probably be appearing on Rogue Traders would stump up £35k.

It's actually much simpler than that.  Having experienced a previous non-payment of sponsorship by the Andy Hosie-owned Bet Butler company a number of years ago, a situation eventually resolved by his late father clearing the amount due, the DFC Board decided to prove that lightning can strike twice by entering a second agreement with another of his zombie outfits. 

Go on, guess the outcome.  

33 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

It's actually much simpler than that.  Having experienced a previous non-payment of sponsorship by the Andy Hosie-owned Bet Butler company a number of years ago, a situation eventually resolved by his late father clearing the amount due, the DFC Board decided to prove that lightning can strike twice by entering a second agreement with another of his zombie outfits. 

Go on, guess the outcome.  

Yeah, I'm well aware, the fact that DFC allowed it to happen again is staggering.

Due dilligence seems to be an alien concept

Wouldn't bet against the Club making it a hat-trick & seeing A.H Laundry Services on our jerseys next season lol