Sons' sorrow

47 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think they are definitely willing to let him leave though, not sure what’s gone on but there seems to be some kind of situation going on there with him. 

Possibly, I have no idea, though it's surprising the Kelty fans don't seem aware of it if true. Doesn't change the fact that @Neilly comment was complete opposite to the current public situation though.

Edited to add - he's very close to Gary Naysmith from their time at East Fife. If he is leaving it's highly possible Stenhousemuir would be a destination.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Think they are definitely willing to let him leave though, not sure what’s gone on but there seems to be some kind of situation going on there with him. 

Not with him, with the Club, let’s just say they are finding the Cash Flow not as gushing as it was previously and are prepared to rip up any and all contracts in a bid to lighten the wage bill!!!

Obviously needing to sell a few more Grammes of conservatories!!!

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I'd be happy with the Trust opening this can of worms. The worst that happens is the SFA find nothing wrong, but now seems like the right time to try and hit Hosie, when he's scrambling to find someone to sit in his place. 

This.

3 hours ago, George Parr said:

The above excerpt sounds an alarm to me that it's more important than ever we get to the bottom of the "Golden" C share applicability question. With rodents lurking, we need reasonable certainty that a parcel of land cannot become the entire site.

Was it not uncovered during the first load of Young’s Farm planning that the golden share was not a thing, or not legally enforceable or something?

6 minutes ago, GoTeamGaz said:

Was it not uncovered during the first load of Young’s Farm planning that the golden share was not a thing, or not legally enforceable or something?

There was a worry that the wording may not be legally watertight, or that a good lawyer may be able to argue round it. It's absolutely a thing though. 

4 hours ago, microdave said:

This.

I don't disagree but it would be a huge problem trying to get the Dumbarton board involved, we're told they don't want anything to do with the ownership issue.  And when you've only two directors and one of them is a relative of the 'owner' that doesn't help.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Out of interest are we any further forward in finding out who the potential replacements are for the Trust rep on the board? Is there a date set for a vote or the likes?

A proposed timescale was circulated last night around the Trust Board members for feedback - there was an ordered process over some weeks last time and that will likely be the template.  Members should receive a communication in the coming period.

Meantime, expressions of interest will be welcomed, but with the caveat that those seeking candidacy should give very serious consideration to the responsibility that the role of Community Director carries, especially at this time.

5 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

I don't disagree but it would be a huge problem trying to get the Dumbarton board involved, we're told they don't want anything to do with the ownership issue.  And when you've only two directors and one of them is a relative of the 'owner' that doesn't help.

Given that the board have a responsibility to the clubs shareholders not wanting anything to do with the ownership issue is a strange stance to take

On 17/05/2023 at 13:45, FifeSons said:

image.png.8c2d56510256e9bf1c7e8c9ca2b6f6ea.png

Ooooooooft  :lol:

Beyond the laughably absurd faux confusion about why the Dumbarton fans might be *slightly* upset after bottling the title and getting pumped stupid in the play-offs, speaking about himself in the 3rd person is a flashing red light that Farrell is worryingly unhinged/conceited.

14 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

A proposed timescale was circulated last night around the Trust Board members for feedback - there was an ordered process over some weeks last time and that will likely be the template.  Members should receive a communication in the coming period.

Meantime, expressions of interest will be welcomed, but with the caveat that those seeking candidacy should give very serious consideration to the responsibility that the role of Community Director carries, especially at this time.

It's fine, lads: I'll do it.

You can look forward to me ruling with an iron fist.

See you all next season at the Sweet Pete Arena. Vive la revolucion!

9 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Given that the board have a responsibility to the clubs shareholders not wanting anything to do with the ownership issue is a strange stance to take

It is, but this was a reply given to yourself and that's what I'm basing my comment on

On 17/05/2023 at 19:14, O'Kelly Isley III said:

You are not the only person wondering that.  At a meeting attended by three DFC Directors, a legal advisor and three Sonstrust reps on 29th January last year that very issue was raised and the reply was to the effect, and I paraphrase, that the transfer of the ownership of the majority shareholding in the club and the arrangement of related securities was presented to the the club Board at that time (circa April 2021) as a fait accompli.

Again paraphrasing, when asked if this was a situation that should be further investigated the club Chairman firmly asserted that such matters did not fall within the remit of the club Board, not a view shared by the Trust.

15 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

Do we need the DFC board to do this? Just go straight through the Trust. McKay and Colin are no use to us in this fight. 

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Beyond the laughably absurd faux confusion about why the Dumbarton fans might be *slightly* upset after bottling the title and getting pumped stupid in the play-offs, speaking about himself in the 3rd person is a flashing red light that Farrell is worryingly unhinged/conceited.

The passive aggressive “and that’s fine” (in the video version) really gets me. Bit like when your partner starts doing your washing up, and you offer to help.

Edited by FifeSons