Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

I'm also really enjoying several fans of other clubs, gleeful at our 'bottling' the title on our social media posts. We must be a proper big club to have got under people's skin, especially those we don't even share a league with.

GIF talking season 5 episode 11 - animated GIF on GIFER

We've even got a Montrose fan firing into us now. A club spending their second ever season of being in a league above us. We must be box office.

Edited by FifeSons

4 hours ago, FifeSons said:

We've even got a Montrose fan firing into us now. A club spending their second ever season of being in a league above us. We must be box office.

His profile pic is Kilmarnock beating us in a league decider to see who went up to the Premiership. His lifetime highlight of being a Montrose fan 

27 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

His profile pic is Kilmarnock beating us in a league decider to see who went up to the Premiership. His lifetime highlight of being a Montrose fan 

That’s quite sad.

I remember watching that game in the pub. Arbroath were pretty unlucky. Even a draw would’ve kept it alive, with Killie having a tough game at Raith (?) on the last day, that they’d have needed to win IIRC.

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Am sure you have changed your profile picture to have a laugh at Montrose also in the past? 

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

That’s quite sad.

I remember watching that game in the pub. Arbroath were pretty unlucky. Even a draw would’ve kept it alive, with Killie having a tough game at Raith (?) on the last day, that they’d have needed to win IIRC.

Some salty fife sons tears.... Excellent 👌

Serious question Dumbarton fans, how much has the issues with the pitch since the turn of the year been a factor in the recent implosion, a combination of several games being postponed and, the ones that have been played have been on, from what I have seen on YouTube, an absolutely horrendous surface. 

If the Albion go on to win the league and get promoted, from Dumbarton having a pretty healthy lead going into the festive period, would it be an exaggeration to say your pitch woes have been, at the very least, a contributory factor?

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

Serious question Dumbarton fans, how much has the issues with the pitch since the turn of the year been a factor in the recent implosion, a combination of several games being postponed and, the ones that have been played have been on, from what I have seen on YouTube, an absolutely horrendous surface. 

If the Albion go on to win the league and get promoted, from Dumbarton having a pretty healthy lead going into the festive period, would it be an exaggeration to say your pitch woes have been, at the very least, a contributory factor?

It's not helped, but the teams who have beaten us seem to have coped with the pitch.

1 hour ago, Flybhoy said:

A contributory factor perhaps, but not a dominant one - much more damaging has been the run of injuries which has stretched an already small squad.  We reached January relatively OK, with the major exceptions of Byrne and Gemmell, but since then Carswell, Wilson, McNiff, Buchanan, McKee, Wallace, Russell McLean and Orsi have all missed games, with Gray and Ross McLean also missing out on earlier occasions.

I'm not sure about the Binos, but I'm guessing they may have benefitted from a bigger squad and less injuries.  But such is life.