Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Nowhereman said:

Post match interviews are a complete waste of time and best ignored. Anyone getting wound up by what a manager says just after a match should be taking a look at themselves

It’s not the first time he’s had a pop at the fans this season in either video interviews or in the press. I even remember one such rant being printed in one of the national Sunday papers. These same folk he’s continuously taking pops at pay his wages so he should wind his neck in and grow a thicker skin, or just stop reading pointless debates on a Facebook group that is awash with absolute zoomers.Β 

If he is unable to control his emotions or is unable to stop pacing around like a raging lunatic he should probably pass the post match duties onto someone else.Β I don’t think I’ve ever come across a lower league manager or player with such a chip on his shoulder, which is absolutely bizarre given the utter pish he served up last season.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It’s not the first time he’s had a pop at the fans this season in either video interviews or in the press. I even remember one such rant being printed in one of the national Sunday papers. These same folk he’s continuously taking pops at pay his wages so he should wind his neck in and grow a thicker skin, or just stop reading pointless debates on a Facebook group that is awash with absolute zoomers.Β 

If he is unable to control his emotions or is unable to stop pacing around like a raging lunatic he should probably pass the post match duties onto someone else.Β I don’t think I’ve ever come across a lower league manager or player with such a chip on his shoulder, which is absolutely bizarre given the utter pish he served up last season.

Yeah, he needs to get us back up, just to get back to Par.

2 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Post match interviews are a complete waste of time and best ignored. Anyone getting wound up by what a manager says just after a match should be taking a look at themselves

Alternatively, a manager of a national level football club who gets annoyed at what fans say on facebook could also take a look at himself.

8 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Β Even then we're relying on getting results against Forfar, Stenny and Annan. We got our draw in difficult circumstances, so we're very much still in a realistic title fight.Β 

Β 

Given our recent performances against these three teams* and our record I'm more worried about the Stranraer game.

Β 

*McGeever's sending off at Forfar was disastrous but that last minute Stenny goal at Ochilview could be what costs us though.

6 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Get it booked, there's a fine wee social club at Galabank.Β 

I think I’ll wait and see how we get on against Forfar and Stenny. No point making the effort if we take 0 points from those and Stirling beat Elgin!

5 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Yeah, he needs to get us back up, just to get back to Par.

Rest assured Faz will never outdo our one time manager Alex Smith.Β  Well into the process of getting into the Guinness book of records for going I think, 17 consecutive games without a goal and relegated from the old first division with the ultimate in defensive pish, the remaining fans were giving him stick,Β  His response was "We don't want these type of people here."

They were the only ones left ffs!Β  Top that Faz. On second thoughts, please don't.

12 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Noticed in yesterday's Challenge Cup final that as well as having an ex Sons manager in charge Raith Rovers had seven players in their starting line up who used to play for Sons

And another ex-Son scored the winner.

Its out of our hands now, for the first time this season. I do think far too much gets made, from a certain element of our support, about us 'bottling it' and 'blowing a 10 point lead' given that we'd only played 7 games at the time. Our form ever since then has been playoff worthy, not title worthy, which is now most likely where we'll end up. If we won our final 7 games, I'm certain we would win the league, because Stirling aren't any better than us and will drop points. I'd imagine that's the message Faz will be getting across to the players. The ever so small problem is that there's no chance of us doing that for several reasons: the injury situation and the fact its really fucking hard for any side to win 7 games in a row being two big ones.

Being realistic, I think the best we can hope for now is to try and cobble together some form and momentum for the playoffs and get everyone fit. I'd actually rather go into the playoffs with the title being gone well before that, rather than lose it on the last day and have to pick ourselves up immediately.

Edited by FifeSons

I'm also really enjoying several fans of other clubs, gleeful at our 'bottling' the title on our social media posts. We must be a proper big club to have got under people's skin, especially those we don't even share a league with.

GIF talking season 5 episode 11 - animated GIF on GIFER