Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I've said this before but the help they give us is rent - we are supposed to set the rent at a reasonable enough fee to cover any excess maintenance. I find this moaning that they aren't sending groundsmen down to fix it a bit of a brass neck.

The figure I heard was £1500 a game.  But no matter the money how many Scottish clubs can you think of who rent out a grass pitch which has a history of problems ?  QP are sharing with Stenny, Clyde at Hamilton, both plastic pitches.  There might be others.  QP used to rent at Firhill and that turned into a mudbath - is anyone seeing a pattern here ?

Maybe the best hope for our pitch is that Rangers get pissed off and exit ?  That and the board realising it is actually quite important at a football club.

1 hour ago, microdave said:

The Rangers game has been called off.

At least the future saviours of Scottish football will know what it is like to have a game called off. If they are to gain experience perhaps the game should have gone ahead so they would know what it is like to play on a pitch that is not at its best, but then again we don’t want them to get injured (just keep them wrapped up in cotton wool).

hope our games take priority when it comes to rescheduling matches

The surface at the Milburn always looks great whenever I’ve visited, it normally holds up well all throughout the winter. You quite often see the groundsman pottering around when you pass by, the benefit of having a local guy who’s passionate about keeping the surface good and it’s more of a hobby than a job. 

I’ve no idea where we go from here. I thought the performance against Elgin was as bad as it could get. We had a big response in the two games following that, which we’re going to have to pull from somewhere again.

The pitch looks beyond repair, to boot. 

Edited by FifeSons

2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I’ve no idea where we go from here. I thought the performance against Elgin was as bad as it could get. We had a big response in the two games following that, which we’re going to have to pull from somewhere again.

The pitch looks beyond repair, to boot. 

No idea how we fix that mud field. Looks like it needs re-laid.

2 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

No idea how we fix that mud field. Looks like it 

I finally got them to agree to spend 3 grand getting it corralled then the total collapse in the championship relegation battle happened. The next message was see yer corralling it ain't happening. In hindsight that was the day that broke me.

I think that really sums up the way the club is run. There doesn't seem to be the ability to think about the bigger picture. We didn't sack Farrell last season, when everyone knew we were going down, because it would've cost some money. We then end up going down and losing far more money than it would've cost to sack him. We agree (again) to the Rangers B pitch-sharing for some extra cash, even though its clear the pitch will be destroyed. We then end up losing money from gate receipts and hospitality from call offs and it potentially costing promotion.

Meanwhile, they give Farrell a 3-year deal and pretend keeping him was some great holistic masterplan about consistency and following the Arbroath/Montrose models. When in reality, keeping him had absolutely nothing to do with their belief in him.

Edited by FifeSons