Sons' sorrow

24 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

That is true, but we have also had a fair amount of shortfalls. 2 x playoffs, plenty of cup matches vs better opponents losing out to the odd goal, plenty of matches playing full time teams off the park and losing to the odd goal whilst in the Championship... not to mention the cup final.

But yeah, perhaps I'm being a little too pessimistic. I'm sure I'm not the only one though.

That's fair enough and I get why you said it. In fairness, I missed out coming up short in 13/14. We started the season with the aim of avoiding relegation but by the end we were chasing a play off spot and didn't get it. 

17 minutes ago, Moonball said:

Hello folks. Does anyone know if the club still offers streaming for overseas viewers?

I think we are as Jan does commentary every week but the website we used to use is no longer there so I have no idea how we're doing it. You might need to contact the club directly. It will also be a monthly sub you need to buy I think. 

1 hour ago, Moonball said:

Hello folks. Does anyone know if the club still offers streaming for overseas viewers?

40 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think we are as Jan does commentary every week but the website we used to use is no longer there so I have no idea how we're doing it. You might need to contact the club directly. It will also be a monthly sub you need to buy I think. 

Aye, we kind of do. Basically the club sold digital season tickets, so people have subscribed for a whole year. But then the hosting 'univtech' web page seemed to go down. And I don't think it's been up since? So the streams get sent out individually to viewers.

As Moonster says, you have to purchase a monthly subscription too I think, although we should be allowed to do PPV for a midweek game I'm sure?

Get that utter clownshoes of a groundsman in the bin, he only got the job as he was Steele's pal. I've never seen a more disinterested looking employee on matchdays.

Dumbarton Rock would have been down there all day getting that park playable for tonight.

12 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Get that utter clownshoes of a groundsman in the bin, he only got the job as he was Steele's pal. I've never seen a more disinterested looking employee on matchdays.

Dumbarton Rock would have been down there all day getting that park playable for tonight.

His monthly wage should be split between fans that had already travelled. 

Absolute shambles that this game isnt going ahead tonight and that it took so long for a decision to be made.

Groundsman should have been at the club early. Any doubt at all and it should have been inspected at 4pm. Its not going to thaw any by that point in the afternoon. It's either playable or it isnt.

We really are a shambles off the park.

10 minutes ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Wonder how close the Forfar fans will get to the ground before we  announce the games off on Saturday 

Pitch could look something from frozen planet and we'll still not call for an inspection at this rate

That pitch is an absolute shambles. The groundsman hasn't a clue and we desperately need to fix that situation pronto, not in the summer. Can't let him do any more damage and he does f**k all anyway, I'd probably take better care of it between now and the end of the season and I've never used a pitchfork in my life.