Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Deeply concerning. The various events were never my thing, but they brought in money. Money that the club really needs.

Did they bring in money? Or were they losing money and that's why he can no longer carry on? 

Agree that the board should be clarifying the current state of the club but I won't hold my breath.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

Did they bring in money? Or were they losing money and that's why he can no longer carry on? 

Agree that the board should be clarifying the current state of the club but I won't hold my breath.

He's not leaving over money issues, and in fact he invested a fair amount of his own in his time at the club.  The departure concerns a difference in opinions which it seems can't be resolved.

42 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the hall of fame event tonight. Big thanks to everyone involved!

Like wise it was a really good night. Great to see a lot of ex players and have a chat. Also great to see Gordon Lennon’s family there and to get a standing ovation ❤️

8 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the hall of fame event tonight. Big thanks to everyone involved!

Yes, the evening went even better than we had hoped and sincere thanks to everyone who attended.  Some attendees travelled considerable distances to be there and we've had some great feedback.  A great turnout too by the former players and officials, it was a very fitting finale to the 150th Anniversary programme of events.

57 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Yes, the evening went even better than we had hoped and sincere thanks to everyone who attended.  Some attendees travelled considerable distances to be there and we've had some great feedback.  A great turnout too by the former players and officials, it was a very fitting finale to the 150th Anniversary programme of events.

Will a full list* be appearing somewhere in due course OKIII?

*Maybe even with accompanying individual photos, cos I gotta admit, I'm squinting at the Facebook photos and trying to imagine who some guys were 20/30/40 years ago, and not doing too well in some cases.  (In fact I found @microdave more recognisable than most)

Also, I never realised Craig Brittain was Australian 😀 

Edited by Boghead ranter

46 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

*Maybe even with accompanying individual photos, cos I gotta admit, I'm squinting at the Facebook photos and trying to imagine who some guys were 20/30/40 years ago, and not doing too well in some cases.  (In fact I found @microdave more recognisable than most)

There's going to be a section on the os giving a full list of the inductees. I don't know when it'll be there though. Andy told me that his pics will be on his website soon and Shaun was filming which will be on YouTube for those who were unable to attend.

28 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

I would hope there will be a picture feature on the website (!) and I'll raise that point later today.  We should be able to provide a list too.  As for the ex-players, it looked as if some of them could still turn out this afternoon but the response from all of them was hugely impressive.

Jim Dempsey made a very graceful and heartfelt speech on behalf of the players, and there was a wonderful tribute to both Guido and the club by Alex and Scott Lennon.

Off the top of my head players in attendance were messrs Arthur, Crawley, Clougherty, Robertson, Coyle (3), Montgomerie, Bourke, McLeod, McCahill McGrogan, Gow, Meechan, Millar, McConville, Gibson, Carson, Dempsey, Martin, Melvin, Willock, Geggan, McStay, Flannery, Boyle, Murray, McLaughlin, Cowbell, Wilson W, Wilson K and Jim Chapman.

Whilst we have been poor this year, what is giving me hope is that Stirling have also been dropping points recently. We had that spell in September/October where we only picked up two points in four games but this feels different. I'm not sure how we come out of this phase of poor form/results. 

17 hours ago, microdave said:

Whilst we have been poor this year, what is giving me hope is that Stirling have also been dropping points recently. We had that spell in September/October where we only picked up two points in four games but this feels different. I'm not sure how we come out of this phase of poor form/results. 

The only thing I’d say is that Stirling have just had 4 away games in a row, which was a massive chance for us to open up a gap.