Sons' sorrow

Strange but I guess we can't afford much and Clyde seem pretty desperate (from the outside looking in). McGeever was a solid enough player under Duffy and needs game time and we just need someone who is happy being cover and able to step in if we have a couple of players out. Hopefully dropping down another level will allow Grant to be a reasonable option in those times because it sure as hell didn't work out particularly well when we had to Ryan recently.

19 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

More chance of me buying the club and relocating us up the crags.

Amazingly not the worst relocation plan we've seen. 

The centre back swap makes sense from our side, we get a fit player with experience of winning this league, and I sort of understand Duffy looking for people he trusts but I suspect it's going to take McGeever at least a couple of months to get up to speed - that's too late for Clyde. Not our worry though, I would've preferred another winger in this month but happy to go with what we have now. 

I'm kind of baffled as to why you have signed Grant. I was stunned when Clyde signed him, thinking he cold do a job in the league above after his performances for us over the years, he was clearly never scouted by Danny Lennon.

I suspect Farrell has done the same, knows him from facing him over the years but not watched him recently, on your tight, narrow pitch as well, Grant will not have time on the ball to pull the strings, which is what I am guessing Farrell is after and he's certainly not got the legs to get round bigger pitches.

1 minute ago, BB_Bino said:

I'm kind of baffled as to why you have signed Grant. I was stunned when Clyde signed him, thinking he cold do a job in the league above after his performances for us over the years, he was clearly never scouted by Danny Lennon.

I suspect Farrell has done the same, knows him from facing him over the years but not watched him recently, on your tight, narrow pitch as well, Grant will not have time on the ball to pull the strings, which is what I am guessing Farrell is after and he's certainly not got the legs to get round bigger pitches.

Peter Grant, not Ray. Ray is still with Clyde and out injured.

54 minutes ago, BB_Bino said:

Yea, you’ve got the wrong Grant. Ray Grant had a successful spell for Clyde, under Lennon, where he made over 100 appearances before moving onto Alloa. I’m not entirely sure Danny Lennon would’ve had to scout him much based on that tbh and I’m not sure his one shitey season at the Binos would negate his 3 decent seasons under Lennon at Clyde. Not entirely sure why you think he played for you for “years” unless there’s another Grant out there.

2 hours ago, George Parr said:

I'd be surprised if we see McGeever back at the club now. If it works out at Clyde he'll likely stay on with them. If it doesn't then we'll probably release him.

I would doubt we are going to release him, he's contracted for next season as for as I know which means unless someone comes in and takes him off us, he will be with us next year.

Aye I think McGeever will be back too. The fact Faz made him our captain over the summer and handed him an extended deal when he'd been out for such a long time clearly shows that he rates him as both a player and a character.

Carsy and Bucky are both out of contract in the summer. I think Bucky will stay, he seems very settled at the club, he won't be at the stage in his life or career where he'll want to go back full-time, and he's playing well for a manager who clearly rates him. But Carsy asked to leave after relegation last year, so I wouldn't be totally shocked to see him move on come the end of the season, regardless of what division we're in.

11 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I would doubt we are going to release him, he's contracted for next season as for as I know which means unless someone comes in and takes him off us, he will be with us next year.

Oh, I thought his contract was up this season. That changes matters I suppose.

It's all speculation from here on in.  If big Ryan can recover his fitness and form at Clyde then he could re-establish himself at Dumbarton.  However, if he performs for Clyde but isn't then guaranteed a future place with Sons then that could be a different matter, even with a year left on his contract.

A fit McGeever is an asset, no doubt, but history tells us that players who move away from the parent club even temporarily quite often don't return.  It's a wait-and-see job.

1 hour ago, BB_Bino said:

Keep your suspicions and guesses to yourself next time eh.