Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Don't mean to be cynical here but why would he do that? He owes us nothing. We gave him the contract, it's up to us to honour it or buy him out of it. We're paying him to play at Broomhill, why would he give up a wage? The only way he's giving that up is if he has a guaranteed wage lined up elsewhere. If he happens to end up on the dole queue, or playing for Broomhill for nothing then I'm happy to be proven wrong.

P.s that is 100% not a dig at Callum, I really like the guy and hope he does well where ever he goes. I'd do exactly the same.

Suppose we’ll need to wait and see. Like you say, maybe he has something else lined up, I don’t imagine he’d have been on much anyway.

Grant is a bit of a donkey but Ryan McGeever was so far off the pace and lacking in match fitness it made sense to loan him out. I didn’t even feel comfortable with McGeever coming off the bench, nevermind having to start a game. At least Grant has plenty of games under his belt and should be fit enough to provide backup.

What’s the deal with Clyde loaning out a fit player that has been playing regularly to bring in someone who can’t currently kick their own arse in league 2?

Not sure what Duffy is thinking there and doesn’t seem to make any sense.

Hopefully McGeever can get himself fit again for next season as I do like him when he’s fit and playing well.

2 minutes ago, super-son said:

What’s the deal with Clyde loaning out a fit player that has been playing regularly to bring in someone who can’t currently kick their own arse in league 2?

Not sure what Duffy is thinking there and doesn’t seem to make any sense.

Hopefully McGeever can get himself fit again for next season as I do like him when he’s fit and playing well.

Lazy transfer dealing by Duffy - something we know all too well.

That looks like a pretty good move all round for us.

McGeever goes and gets games under his belt at a higher level to build his sharpness, with him still under contract for next season.

We get an experienced player who is match fit and sharp in as defensive cover. But it doesn't really matter a jot if he doesn't play a single minute for us, because he's not under contract for next season.

Fair play. Solid bit of wheeler dealing.

Edited by Jan Vojáček

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

You might be in for a bit of a shock if you think oor Ryan is an upgrade in that department!

He's more of a meat and potatoes clogger than Grant is at least, which - if he can get back to the level he was operating at under Duffy before - is probably of more use to us in our current predicament, wherein games tend to consist entirely of Alamo-esque defensive showings. Suspect it'll end up just being a case of two sides somewhat pointlessly swapping back-up centre halves, though. 

Grant has been disappointing given the level he’s played at, as said above he can’t run for a start and there’s been a mistake in him quite often.

Not sure about swapping him for McGeever, but I doubt many Clyde fans will be disappointed Grant is away for now.