Sons' sorrow

Yesterday was in my opinion up there with our best of the season so far and against a better opponent.

defended well , organised and particularly in the second half we disrupted them further up the park . 

all positive for league going forward 

Although our manner of exiting the cup was harsh and disappointing it remains the fact that the SC is not what we are about this year.Bigger fish to fry in getting out of the league.We avoided extra time and the possibility of players receiving injuries which could affect our campaign.The way I see it we made a few quid had some good away days at different grounds  now turn the page and move on with the League.

Hope we can strengthen in defence with some loanees ..Would also like to see Mcgeever and Lynch loaned out to get match practice.

So with a week left of the transfer window, do we expect much more in terms of coming and going? Faz mentioned 2 or 3 targets in his interview after Rusty signed. I am curious as to where he thinks we need to strengthen and if he has specific targets or if we just wants to bring in cover in certain areas/positions.

15 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

So with a week left of the transfer window, do we expect much more in terms of coming and going? Faz mentioned 2 or 3 targets in his interview after Rusty signed. I am curious as to where he thinks we need to strengthen and if he has specific targets or if we just wants to bring in cover in certain areas/positions.

I guess it will be loans and we are reliant on bigger clubs getting a body in or holding out for a team higher up to come in. If not the. Sent our way.

2 hours ago, lorenzo71 said:

Although our manner of exiting the cup was harsh and disappointing it remains the fact that the SC is not what we are about this year.Bigger fish to fry in getting out of the league.We avoided extra time and the possibility of players receiving injuries which could affect our campaign.The way I see it we made a few quid had some good away days at different grounds  now turn the page and move on with the League.

Hope we can strengthen in defence with some loanees ..Would also like to see Mcgeever and Lynch loaned out to get match practice.

So who would we have on the bench as cover for the defence?

15 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

The loanees.

Neither RM or EL are match fit and could be described as a liability when coming on.( that may be harsh but it seems a reality at this point.Both would need a proper preseason to get up to speed).A RB and CD would be needed as cover.

27 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

I’m not entirely sure I’d be keen to throw either of them into the starting 11 if/when required. McGeever understandably looks a good bit off the pace and his start at Forfar was a bit of a disaster that arguably cost us the game (I’m not saying we would’ve definitely won but we had nae chance after an early sending off). He’s a good defender at this level but if I was the manager I’d be considering loaning him out and signing a short term replacement that’s ready to go. I personally don’t think big Lynch is good enough for this level and I wouldn’t be against us moving him on permanently and seeking a permanent replacement. As it stands if any of the current back 4 get injured I think we will be massively weakened given the options we have in reserve.

12 minutes ago, George Parr said:

Alan Lithgow appears to be spinning his wheels at Morton, doing f**k all. Wonder if we could bring him back in on a short-term loan to the end of the season.

I have been thinking the squad is light on sex offenders this season.