Sons' sorrow

I see Infantino wants every country in the world to have a stadium named after Pele. We already have a mascot called that so I think we should be Scotland's representative for this. The Pele stadium has a nice ring to it although as I've been typing maybe the Blue Brazil might fancy it too.

On 02/01/2023 at 21:26, microdave said:

I see Infantino wants every country in the world to have a stadium named after Pele. We already have a mascot called that so I think we should be Scotland's representative for this. The Pele stadium has a nice ring to it although as I've been typing maybe the Blue Brazil might fancy it too.

Nah, if we're voluntarily changing to anything it's "The Rock".

18 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Is Pizza Santos still in existence in the town? Could weigh in with a sponsorship tie-in.

Long gone sadly, as is Santos Costa RIP

Many happy memories of stumbling out of Quincy's Nightclub for one of his pizzas.

It's a bridal/kilt hire emporium now

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

DD592355-2517-4EE8-A483-E660746BAFB8.thumb.jpeg.bdf36fe9a293567d1d23a5bab3a9004c.jpeg

This did appear on Twitter but it appears to have been deleted. I didn’t really expect us to be competing in a random friendly inbetween a run of important fixtures but perhaps Farrell has 11 trialists he wants to take a look at.

I noticed that too. Can only think Pollok made a dogs arse of it by announcing it and saying supporters welcome, when in fact its likely to be a closed door game. Can't imagine we would be taking a full on friendly as u say at an important time of the season.

Closed doors games happen on a regular basis, usually on training days, from lower league sides and us fans are none the wiser.

50 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Some fairly solid business done by Stirling today IMO. Despite having a good season it looks like they aren’t standing still and are being proactive in trying to make their squad even stronger. Hopefully we do the same.

Aye, gauntlet well and truly thrown down.  

Was there a rumour that we had budget for one more player back in August but couldn't find the right one? Will we make enough money from the Killie game to fund another signing? They had a home tie against (then L2) Queen's Park in 2020 at this stage that drew a crowd of just over 4000. That could maybe net us about 15k. Or will it be a one out, one in situation? 

18 minutes ago, microdave said:

Was there a rumour that we had budget for one more player back in August but couldn't find the right one? Will we make enough money from the Killie game to fund another signing? They had a home tie against (then L2) Queen's Park in 2020 at this stage that drew a crowd of just over 4000. That could maybe net us about 15k. Or will it be a one out, one in situation? 

I would hope that we could make some additions as we've picked up some prize money already from this run. Plus as you say a decent crowd at Killie hopefully? 

Naturally I don't want us to just bring bodies in for the sake of it and we wreck the chemistry we have but Stirling have strengthened so we have to as well. Hopefully there's some people we're looking at or working on looking to bring in. 

Surely this is the time for Henning's Scandinavian contacts and scouting network to find us Haaland 2.0 who only wants £100 a week?

10 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

I would hope that we could make some additions as we've picked up some prize money already from this run. Plus as you say a decent crowd at Killie hopefully? 

Naturally I don't want us to just bring bodies in for the sake of it and we wreck the chemistry we have but Stirling have strengthened so we have to as well. Hopefully there's some people we're looking at or working on looking to bring in. 

Surely this is the time for Henning's Scandinavian contacts and scouting network to find us Haaland 2.0 who only wants £100 a week?

I think the same principle applies if you're positioned anywhere in the league.  You can't sit still while other teams grow stronger.  That said, Dumbarton really don't seem to need a lot of work to make them unstoppable.