Sons' sorrow

2 minutes ago, microdave said:

https://dumbartonfootballclub.com/
Shiny new os. I've only spent a few minutes looking at it but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

I just about keeled over when I clicked on it this morning. The website has been the same for pretty much the entire time I've had access to the internet (save for a few colour changes and banner updates).

It needs a squad page, but I like it. It makes good use out of Andy Scott's pictures, which are absolutely tremendous.

By the way, is the Archive down at the moment? Haven't been able to get on to waste a few hours at work carry out essential research for a couple of days.

1 hour ago, microdave said:

Shiny new os. I've only spent a few minutes looking at it but I'm sure it'll grow on me.

It looks good, the old one was really dated despite being really easy to navigate and find out information. Where’s all the content gone? It only goes back 4 matches in terms of results and match reports. I like being able to look back on seasons gone by to work oot stats and such nevermind just 4 games! I’d like to see scorers as well without clicking into the report. Hopefully that’s something that can be added

It looks good, the old one was really dated despite being really easy to navigate and find out information. Where’s all the content gone? It only goes back 4 matches in terms of results and match reports. I like being able to look back on seasons gone by to work oot stats and such nevermind just 4 games! I’d like to see scorers as well without clicking into the report. Hopefully that’s something that can be added
It only goes forward by four fixtures too so hopefully that'll change as well as the previous games. They're still moving stuff over though[emoji116]f67df7b7ffdd41e9044864443fa6a510.jpg

5 hours ago, microdave said:

I just hit that link, and despite having cleared the cache beforehand it takes me into the shiny old site.  I then tried typing in the web address only for the same outcome.  Any ideas ??

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I just hit that link, and despite having cleared the cache beforehand it takes me into the shiny old site.  I then tried typing in the web address only for the same outcome.  Any ideas ??

I saw this from the developer on Facebook. I've no idea what it actually means - but I believe it could be translated as 'Patience is the Key'.

screenshot-www.facebook.com-2022_12.08-16_09_34.png.3b09984eb22374fe8841898018480243.png

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I saw this from the developer on Facebook. I've no idea what it actually means - but I believe it could be translated as 'Patience is the Key'.

screenshot-www.facebook.com-2022_12.08-16_09_34.png.3b09984eb22374fe8841898018480243.png

DNS propagation is the technical term. That's a bit of a spurious answer. You can change DNS settings to make it work.

edit: ignore the technical stuff

Edited by LeodhasXD

It’s an age thing. If you’re over a certain age you will be directed to the old site as you won’t like change

25 minutes ago, microdave said:
52 minutes ago, O said:
Bollocks.  I love change - my elasticated waist trouser pockets are full of it.

Too auld to work the card machine^^^

^^^

Miserable wee shite who never gie's tips in restaurants.

Edited to add - Eureka !!!

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

36 minutes ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Does anyone think we’ll do anything in January? If that’s people leaving or coming in 

Up until about a month or so ago I would've said we should maybe looking at seeing if we could basically replace Wylde and Wilson as it seemed they'd spend the season sitting on the bench. But they've came into the team and having a really good impact. 

I'd like us to still try and strengthen if possible and a striker to essentially replace Gemmell. But even for my first point I'd say we have cover in all areas and we've got to this point of the season top of the league. 

Garrity will presumably be away and I'd be interested to see what Callum Wilson is like after his loan spell?