Sons' sorrow

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m sure we played them away fairly recently? Perhaps under Aitken? 

Aye. Think you are right. I get mixed up between League Cup sections and friendlies. Easy done given how seriously we seem to take that competition nowadays. 

1 minute ago, PWL said:

Aye. Think you are right. I get mixed up between League Cup sections and friendlies. Easy done given how seriously we seem to take that competition nowadays. 

We played them in November 2020 in the League Cup and lost 2-0. We actually played quite well iirc. 

I might be mistaken but am I right in saying our last visit there saw us wear the infamous gold and red Diadora top? 
That would've been the league Cup tie in 1995 which was the first game of the Jim Fallon error.

This will be our sixth scottish cup tie against Kilmarnock and the first since the quarter final win in 1976. There's only been one at Rugby park which was in 1938 and finished 6-0 to Killie. 03706729712b2272d69c02d52c0f1b35.jpg

We seem to be playing better away from home at the moment but who knows come January.

Not the worst tie we could've got ..hoping for a crowd around 4000 maybe.Reasonable wee pay day.Cant see us winning at all as RP is a graveyard for us but a chance to play premiership opposition should be good motivation for the players.Hopefully this will give us the cash to add a face or two in January.

Very pleased at how DW has stepped up to the plate and Orsi and Wylde are like new players.Long may it continue.

Signed: Mr Knickerwetter/fanny

A reminder that on Tuesday 13th December at 6.00pm at Dumbarton Public Library, and as part of the programme of events for our 150th Anniversary, Richard McBrearty, Curator of the Scottish Football Museum, will be giving a talk on the the impact of Dunbartonshire on the early development of the game which led to this area becoming known as the 'Cradle Of Scottish Football' 

Attendance is free and to assist the WDC Heritage team we would encourage reservations to be made via the following link:-

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dunbartonshire-and-the-birth-of-the-modern-game-talk-tickets-466319583427

Does anyone know why we don’t have a fixture on the 10th of December? Was doing a but of forward planning for work/attending games purposes and noticed we don’t have a fixture, there are only two League 2 fixtures that weekend and the only League 2 club involved in the Challenge cup are Elgin who we’ve already played twice. Am I missing something?

58 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Does anyone know why we don’t have a fixture on the 10th of December? Was doing a but of forward planning for work/attending games purposes and noticed we don’t have a fixture, there are only two League 2 fixtures that weekend and the only League 2 club involved in the Challenge cup are Elgin who we’ve already played twice. Am I missing something?

No league games scheduled that weekend to give the Challenge Cup the prominence it deserves

On 01/12/2022 at 11:05, O'Kelly Isley III said:

A reminder that on Tuesday 13th December at 6.00pm at Dumbarton Public Library, and as part of the programme of events for our 150th Anniversary, Richard McBrearty, Curator of the Scottish Football Museum, will be giving a talk on the the impact of Dunbartonshire on the early development of the game which led to this area becoming known as the 'Cradle Of Scottish Football' 

Attendance is free and to assist the WDC Heritage team we would encourage reservations to be made via the following link:-

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/dunbartonshire-and-the-birth-of-the-modern-game-talk-tickets-466319583427

For anyone intending to attend the above event but who hasn't yet booked, I'd advise acting quickly as spaces are filling up fast.