Sons' sorrow

9 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Was there any way for you guys to (illegally) stream your last cup game against Rangers B? I remember there was footage of the Lowry/Love incident so presumably there was some sort of video feed?

I’ve nae idea if Rangers TV showed it live tbh. I certainly don’t remember it being shown live on there as I have the means to access it if I so desire (I generally only switch it onto that if they are getting beat because I get a wee kick out of hearing their commentator get all seethey). They have a makeshift gantry type thing erected across the other side of our pitch (which is a complete eyesore) so I’d assume they will at least be filming highlights.

On 01/11/2022 at 21:24, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Just a quick shout-out that as part of our 150th Anniversary Exhibition currently in progress at Dumbarton Public Library, established football writer and presenter Daniel Gray will be giving a talk next Wednesday 9th November from 6.00pm to 7.15pm. 

Daniel is the editor of the excellent Scottish football digest magazine 'Nutmeg' and the website below lists his various publications

https://danielgraywriter.com/books/

The link below will enable prospective attendees to reserve their free ticket. 

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/football-journeys-and-delights-with-daniel-gray-tickets-433545214407?aff=ebdssbdestsearch

This was a big bunch of fun. Dan's a great writer and, it turns out, a great reader.

The exhibition is fascinating too, even for this Sons newbie; particularly admired the bits of Boghead turnstile buffed up, boxed up and displayed like holy relics. 

(Also good/slightly bizarre to bump into another Charlton fan.)

21 hours ago, TullyBascombe said:

This was a big bunch of fun. Dan's a great writer and, it turns out, a great reader.

The exhibition is fascinating too, even for this Sons newbie; particularly admired the bits of Boghead turnstile buffed up, boxed up and displayed like holy relics. 

(Also good/slightly bizarre to bump into another Charlton fan.)

Big team found?

To be five clear at the top and 13 clear of fifth at this relatively early part of the season is just brilliant. Since the Forthbank aberration, we've only conceded twice in five games(including the cup game) and have three consecutive clean sheets. The confidence of the team will certainly be growing and that certainly makes a difference. We're in a good place and I, for one, am enjoying it.

1 hour ago, microdave said:

To be five clear at the top and 13 clear of fifth at this relatively early part of the season is just brilliant. Since the Forthbank aberration, we've only conceded twice in five games(including the cup game) and have three consecutive clean sheets. The confidence of the team will certainly be growing and that certainly makes a difference. We're in a good place and I, for one, am enjoying it.

I think that we've been picking up results despite having players out has been a real positive as well. Wylde has come into the team and picked up some goals as an example, Wilson seemed to play well today as well. I think when Byrne and Gemmell were both ruled out I assumed that would really hurt us but yet he we are. 

I don't know if it's all systems and tactics or if it's just a really good camaraderie or something else. Whatever it is, I just hope it continues. 

1 hour ago, microdave said:

Since getting horsed at Forthbank, when we went baws oot & tried all out attack, Farrell seems to have realised that mistake & now we sit deep (which isn't pretty at times) and counter attack which has paid dividends big time.

More of the same please 

After the Stirling game, I said we should be aiming to take 10 points from the next 5, if we wanted to challenge for the title. Excellent to have done that with a game to spare, particularly since it looked difficult after only drawing at home to Albion Rovers.

I remember Darren Young’s East Fife, I think in Duffy’s first season, went on a huge winning run, before totally collapsing (and finishing below us, despite being miles ahead?) after we pumped them at the rock.

Be nice if his Stirling side went on a terrible run now.

On 07/11/2022 at 19:11, microdave said:
On 07/11/2022 at 18:26, Nowhereman said:
What I don't get is why there was no New Years or Boxing day additional fixtures this year. Normally you have a Saturday and midweek game yet this year there are none

It's not been normal for us to play a whack of fixtures during the festive period for years. In the last decade, we've only had an additional new year game twice (2013 and 18) and there haven't been any scheduled midweek Boxing day fixtures. We did play Livi in 2017 on the 26th but that was a rearranged game having been postponed a few weeks earlier. Last year there were fixtures arranged for Boxing day/2nd January which were both on a Sunday with no game since the previous weekend.

I will never forget that Livi game. It was my first game back as groundsman and I spent most of my Xmas Day forking the park to try and get it on. 🙈