Sons' sorrow

On 22/10/2022 at 12:22, lionel wickson said:

I think it might have been around £2,500? It's not very much, until the Premiership teams join in after the next round.

Did see a tweet that Pollock and Annan got £2,250 each so presumably we're the same. Then the minimum we'll get in prize money now is £9,500 apparently

32 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

That Facebook group man. Jesus.

At the Albion Rovers game a certain well known, vocal Sons fan (and member of said group) completely out of the blue roared "SIGN LEIGH GRIFFITHS" Like it was a tic or something :lol: 

Might end up with Finlay Gray up front tomorrow. Could probably do worse tbh.

On another note. The appointment of Jim Smart looks like a pretty decent move on our part and should definitely help the club financially going forward.

7 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

At the Albion Rovers game a certain well known, vocal Sons fan (and member of said group) completely out of the blue roared "SIGN LEIGH GRIFFITHS" Like it was a tic or something :lol: 

All the regulars who post in that group are either sex offenders, special school attendees or both.

22 minutes ago, GordyBrow said:

So that's Gemmel out (for the season), Byrne out for 8 weeks, and Wallace suspended for tomorrow. Home win.

So what was a problem now has the potential to be a full blown crisis.  The options for tomorrow look to be playing Orsi or Garrity upfront with Wallace presumably returning next week.  Any of these options will need Gray pushing on from midfield. 

It's hardly ideal though and it certainly won't work if we fire long aimless balls as we have a habit of doing.

8 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

To be fair, any of the 3 of them would probably be a better option than what we’ll have to go with tomorrow.

I decided to have a look and if we go back to the start of 20/21 MacLean has scored more league goals than Jones and Layne certainly. Oyinsan I have up on as trying to find any actual measure of whatever division he played in was a nightmare. Then I realised the whole exercise of "who is the least worst option we could use up front" was utterly pointless and we're fucked either way. f**k it just put McGeever up there and go route 1. Full blown Duffyball. 

This isn’t coming from match attending fans, who have largely been supportive of Farrell and with any grumbling being done under breath.

It heightens our long-held suspicion that he’s trawling sites such as P&B and the Facebook hell-hole for a temperature take on how fans are feeling. Farrell might want to take a leaf out his predecessor’s book and completely fucking ignore the internet noise. It’ll drive him to distraction otherwise. 

The Facebook group is a fairly good representation of the perils of social media generally. 

There's the absolute happy clappers on one side. Then you've got the folk who seem to be permanently at a point of burning the stadium down. Neither of which are right and neither seem to think they could possibly be wrong. 

I'm very surprised by Farrell's quote there assuming it's not out of context or anything like that. As he typically seems to just back himself regardless, even when we look back at the full seethe of the summer he didn't react to anything like that. 

13 minutes ago, George Parr said:

This isn’t coming from match attending fans, who have largely been supportive of Farrell and with any grumbling being done under breath.

It heightens our long-held suspicion that he’s trawling sites such as P&B and the Facebook hell-hole for a temperature take on how fans are feeling. Farrell might want to take a leaf out his predecessor’s book and completely fucking ignore the internet noise. It’ll drive him to distraction otherwise. 

It's a known fact people at the club keep an eye on PnB and other social media outlets. I would assume most clubs have someone doing similar. 

I wouldn't be taking notice of that FB page though, Jesus, that's a car crash every day I look! At least some of us on here are vaguely sane.

That Allan Clarke banger really is something else eh.  

Farrell fucked us last year, and needs to put it right but saying stuff like this puts him further in the mud with some, me included.  He is an extremely lucky man to even still be at this club.

Aye the winning run was class and youd have taken joint top at this stage, but we arent playing good football, thats just a fact and anyone claiming otherwise needs their head checked.

Absolutely take the wins but with the squad we have I feel we should be playing better and killing teams off.  Defensively we canny have any complaints bar the 6-0 gubbing at Stirling.