Sons' sorrow

2 minutes ago, super-son said:

The point I was making is that the performances haven’t actually been that good but obviously nobody complains in if it’s picking you up 3 points every week, myself included.

But it doesn’t take too much imagination to compare them with the struggling performances we displayed for the majority of last season.

But performances haven’t been bad. We’ve kept 5 clean sheets and we won 7 on the trot. We weren’t blowing teams away but they were workman like performances that got the job done. Albion Rovers away and Elgin at home were, by all accounts, a bit on the lucky side but I have no idea why you’d compare those performances with last season. Last season we were chucking them in, bar today we’ve been the absolute opposite.

But performances haven’t been bad. We’ve kept 5 clean sheets and we won 7 on the trot. We weren’t blowing teams away but they were workman like performances that got the job done. Albion Rovers away and Elgin at home were, by all accounts, a bit on the lucky side but I have no idea why you’d compare those performances with last season. Last season we were chucking them in, bar today we’ve been the absolute opposite.

I don’t totally disagree but teams have been missing plenty of decent chances and I know that comes with the quality of opposition in this league but the team just haven’t filled me with much confidence.

We have been playing counter attacking football all season and it’s been working quite well but there doesn’t seem to be much of a plan if we fall behind. All tactics fly out the window at that point.

2 minutes ago, super-son said:

I don’t totally disagree but teams have been missing plenty of decent chances and I know that comes with the quality of opposition in this league but the team just haven’t filled me with much confidence.

We have been playing counter attacking football all season and it’s been working quite well but there doesn’t seem to be much of a plan if we fall behind. All tactics fly out the window at that point.

Just like last year....

Nobody would have seen 6-0 before kick off, but there were plenty of warning signs with our loss against Stranraer and our draw up in Forfar. Arguable that our win against Bonnyrigg wasn't a good performance. Today was a huge concern in that at 2-0 there wasn;t much between the teams, but we absolutely collapsed after the 3rd. We kept punting long balls forward that didn't work. Stirling Albion were ready for that and we kept doing it despite it clearly not working.

Gray didnt have a great game, but I don't think it was the right decision to sub him. Garrity didnt deserve to be subbed either. Mclean was absolutely woeful. Wallace did nothing. Byrne was poor, but with almost no service. Bringing on Gemmell, Orsi and Love was never going to change things today. Worryingly, McNiff had an absolutely torrid time today. 

We looked disorganised. We looked unhappy with each other. We had no plan B. If teams have worked out how to play us and the manager can't change things then the next quarter of games will show that. We need to win at home against Albion Rovers and we need to beat Cumnock in the cup. We've then got a tricky visit to Annan. Anything less than 2 wins from those 3 games would have to put Farrell's future in doubt.  We need to see improvements between now and the end of October.

37 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

On which points is he correct? I haven’t actually seen any constructive criticism of the team or the manager, just made up nonsense. So far he’s claimed Farrell has lost the dressing room, the players aren’t playing for him and that he should be sacked whilst we sit atop the league with 2 defeats in 10.

I by no means think Farrell is some sort of great gaffer but we have a plethora of folk wanting him bagged for one dreadful result and another couple of poor results which made up a run of 3 games that were always going to be tough. Stranraer and Forfar have never been happy hunting grounds for us and the less said about today the better. If we’re sitting here in 8-10 games time without a win and floundering then we can discuss sacking Stevie Farrell. Sacking him based on what happened last season is unfair, he was kept on and should be judged on what is happening here and now, not what happened a year ago. 

I think the key words in your reply may be 'I haven't actually seen'.  Let me ask you then, how many of our 10 league matches have you actually seen ?  I've seen 9 and whilst the seven wins on the bounce was great statistically it didn't tell anything like the whole story.  The Albion Rovers win was daylight robbery and just about every game other than Annan was win a bit ugly.  Defeat at Stranraer wasn't therefore a shock and neither was last week at Forfar.  But today was an utter embarrassment from start to finish, and yes, questions need be asked about the relationship between the manager and his team.

Quote statistics and unhappy hunting grounds if you want, but I'll stick to what I see in front of me.

2 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Nobody would have seen 6-0 before kick off, but there were plenty of warning signs with our loss against Stranraer and our draw up in Forfar. Arguable that our win against Bonnyrigg wasn't a good performance. Today was a huge concern in that at 2-0 there wasn;t much between the teams, but we absolutely collapsed after the 3rd. We kept punting long balls forward that didn't work. Stirling Albion were ready for that and we kept doing it despite it clearly not working.

Gray didnt have a great game, but I don't think it was the right decision to sub him. Garrity didnt deserve to be subbed either. Mclean was absolutely woeful. Wallace did nothing. Byrne was poor, but with almost no service. Bringing on Gemmell, Orsi and Love was never going to change things today. Worryingly, McNiff had an absolutely torrid time today. 

We looked disorganised. We looked unhappy with each other. We had no plan B. If teams have worked out how to play us and the manager can't change things then the next quarter of games will show that. We need to win at home against Albion Rovers and we need to beat Cumnock in the cup. We've then got a tricky visit to Annan. Anything less than 2 wins from those 3 games would have to put Farrell's future in doubt.  We need to see improvements between now and the end of October.

How on earth is a 1 goal last minute defeat midweek away to Stranraer and a draw away to forfar a warning we'd get beat 6-0 today?! And we beat Bonnyrigg and kept a clean sheet! Let's not re-write history because we got cuffed today.

Let's keep the baby when we slosh out the bath water, eh?

Just now, Sweet Pete said:

How on earth is a 1 goal last minute defeat midweek away to Stranraer and a draw away to forfar a warning we'd get beat 6-0 today?! And we beat Bonnyrigg and kept a clean sheet! Let's not re-write history because we got cuffed today.

Let's keep the baby when we slosh out the bath water, eh?

Its a warning that we'd lose. We've been poor for several weeks now.

7 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

'Need to beat Cumnock in the cup'. 😨🍌

Whilst an emotional response from the sorry lot who went to the game today is completely understandable, there’s no way our football club is going to sack a manger who’s got the team positioned first in the league. Just no way at all.
We’d have to be out the top 4 and free-falling before a change in direction was even considered.

47 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

I think the key words in your reply may be 'I haven't actually seen'.  Let me ask you then, how many of our 10 league matches have you actually seen ?  I've seen 9 and whilst the seven wins on the bounce was great statistically it didn't tell anything like the whole story.  The Albion Rovers win was daylight robbery and just about every game other than Annan was win a bit ugly.  Defeat at Stranraer wasn't therefore a shock and neither was last week at Forfar.  But today was an utter embarrassment from start to finish, and yes, questions need be asked about the relationship between the manager and his team.

Quote statistics and unhappy hunting grounds if you want, but I'll stick to what I see in front of me.

I’m still awaiting you confirming which points he was correct on - is it the lost dressing room? The players not playing for him? Or that Farrell should be sacked tonight?

Like I said, I’m all for constructive criticism and debate but lets not pretend that heids gone caps lock nonsense is that.

Theirs getting beat then Theirs that shit show today fucks going on something g happen in the back round ?
Another one here. Bad results happen occasionally. A few years ago we shipped six away to QoS before sticking four past them a few weeks later. It happens.

I don't feel as downbeat as I usually would after a performance and result as poor as today. And that's down to our league position and I don't necessarily mean being leaders. I was expecting a play off place at the start of the season and we're on course for that. After the midweek games to bring parity of games played in the league, the worst case is that we'll be 8 points clear of 5th place. And as a wee bonus, Albion Rovers have a long midweek trip to Elgin before we play them on Saturday.

Don’t get why we went with 2 wingers and 2 up top when rest of season we have been more defensive.

back four missed the extra cover and were well exposed. Both holding mid were off the mark today and badly lost the midfield battle. 
manager interview seems to accept this so no surprise most of fans could see thru it.

in the despair orsi and McKee got pass marks .

big test next week for this group

dont buy in to the losing the dressing room 

19 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m still awaiting you confirming which points he was correct on - is it the lost dressing room? The players not playing for him? Or that Farrell should be sacked tonight?

Like I said, I’m all for constructive criticism and debate but lets not pretend that heids gone caps lock nonsense is that.

Answers - Growing evidence, growing evidence, and advisable based on the last year.  

I'm all for constructive criticism too but I dislike denial, and there's a shitload of that going on right now.

Now please answer my question - how many games have you seen this season ?

8 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

Answers - Growing evidence, growing evidence, and advisable based on the last year.  

I'm all for constructive criticism too but I dislike denial, and there's a shitload of that going on right now.

Now please answer my question - how many games have you seen this season ?

Theres no point banging on against BBPF.Heknows it all and his word is Gospel.Just leave him to his SF pics and a long shower.