Sons' sorrow

20 minutes ago, microdave said:

The loan transfer window closes this week. I understand Alex Lowry is just coming back from an injury. Maybe Rangers might send him out to get some game time and who better than the L2 leaders. 

He could be Ally Love's understudy.

Took the weans a walk down by the grand old girl earlier and there's a fella spray painting the club crest onto the concrete blocks at the footpath entrance. I'm a sucker for cool wee touches like that. Need to see if we can project a hundred foot club crest onto the Rock at night, like a bat signal, but for elephants.

Noticed a picture of this challenge from Charlie McCann pop up on social media today. Lots of praise and laughing about the challenge.

I also noticed a certain Mr A Lowry (RIP) is rumoured to be in the Rangers team this side of Christmas after being brought back to life in a matter of weeks.

Screenshot_20220927-132452_Instagram.jpg

2 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

Noticed a picture of this challenge from Charlie McCann pop up on social media today. Lots of praise and laughing about the challenge.

I also noticed a certain Mr A Lowry (RIP) is rumoured to be in the Rangers team this side of Christmas after being brought back to life in a matter of weeks.

Screenshot_20220927-132452_Instagram.jpg

It's a Rangers player doing the tackle so that's different because reasons.

17 hours ago, kenrobell said:

What’s our thoughts on the new tv deal the ppv stream thing how does that affect lower clubs can we stream our games if we say ko at two ?

I think we're more likely to have clubs moving games earlier to try and avoid having to use the floodlights in the coming months rather than for steaming reasons. 

1 hour ago, microdave said:
3 hours ago, Clarko_son said:
I think we're more likely to have clubs moving games earlier to try and avoid having to use the floodlights in the coming months rather than for steaming reasons. 

If they move to an earlier kick off, I'm not going to be steaming.

Just need to start earlier then, got to commit to the cause 

9 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Cumnock game chosen for TV. Good move imo, if it was someone else from League Two heading down there then I'd want to watch it. 

Wee bit of a pain from a travel point-of-view mind you. 

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=5570

Cumnock isnt bad to get to. 77 can get a bit congested, but 7:45 on a Friday should be fine. Not great for trains as it's a rubbish service and its a fair bit away from Auchinlek station, but for cars or buses it'll be fine.

49 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Cumnock game chosen for TV. Good move imo, if it was someone else from League Two heading down there then I'd want to watch it. 

Wee bit of a pain from a travel point-of-view mind you. 

https://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=5570

Probably just watch it on TV then. Was looking forward to it as well but Friday night away game is not for me

15 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Unfortunately I’m working on the Friday night or I’d be there with bells on. A Friday night away game is a rare pleasure and something I’d love to see more of.

What is it about  a Friday night game that you prefer to a Saturday afternoon game?

1 minute ago, Nowhereman said:

What is it about  a Friday night game that you prefer to a Saturday afternoon game?

I wouldn't say I'd prefer it every week but the odd Friday game is a nice change for me - lets you watch football and still have your full weekend for other things. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I wouldn't say I'd prefer it every week but the odd Friday game is a nice change for me - lets you watch football and still have your full weekend for other things. 

Aye pretty much this. It’s not something I’d want all the time but it’s something a bit different and who doesn’t enjoy a few scoops on a Friday night after a long week at work? Chuck in some live fitba and that’s a winner for me!

7 hours ago, Nowhereman said:

Other things?  There are other things?

Aye, I have a wean, Saturdays are quite useful when the wean has no idea what football is. Hopefully one day all she wants to do is go to the football on a Saturday but until then the occasional Friday game works out well. 

Aye, I have a wean, Saturdays are quite useful when the wean has no idea what football is. Hopefully one day all she wants to do is go to the football on a Saturday but until then the occasional Friday game works out well. 

It’s when they have no idea what football is that you should be taking them. Because once they find out they won’t want to go