Sons' sorrow

6 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Bet365 currently got your mob at 23/20 to beat Stranraer tonight. Seems a big price given form etc.. any reasoning you can think of?

By the law of averages we have to lose a game soon. And a Tuesday night away from home against a team struggling (and who lost heavily on Saturday) has banana skin written all over it I suppose.

By the law of averages we have to lose a game soon. And a Tuesday night away from home against a team struggling (and who lost heavily on Saturday) has banana skin written all over it I suppose.

It certainly does although I’m foolishly trying to talk myself out of that mindset.

Theoretically the more points we get on the board, should actually take some pressure off the team more so than the added pressure of keeping the winning run going.

Hopefully the lack of pressure from needing points will lead to plenty of points being picked up especially over the next 3 games against the bottom teams in the league.

24 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Bet365 currently got your mob at 23/20 to beat Stranraer tonight. Seems a big price given form etc.. any reasoning you can think of?

Nobody has won at Stranraer yet and 2 of our last 3 visits there have been 0-0. It's not an easy place to go and if I'm honest I'll be happy with a point on a Tuesday night.

An incredible run comes to an end! 

it’s a shame we managed To get ourselves level and then give it up as a point away on a Tuesday night wouldn’t have been terrible….but to lose in the last minute will always be a sickener. 

hopefully anyone who was there will be able to shed some light on it but giving away a pen to 10 men is giving me horrible flashes of some of our defending at times last season. 

hopefully it’s a hiccup and nothing more and we manage to come back next weekend after the break  with another positive result 

Edited by DobbiesAgent

Fighting back to level terms and then giving away a penalty to lose against ten men.

That's the Dumbarton we all know and love. Welcome back Sons.

In all seriousness, we've got off to a better start than anyone was expecting and it was always going to end at some point. Hopefully the wee break will refresh the players and management and they come back to give this a really good go.

Eta My time as match thread starter is now jinxed. Over to someone else to get them going now.

Fighting back to level terms and then giving away a penalty to lose against ten men.

That's the Dumbarton we all know and love. Welcome back Sons.

In all seriousness, we've got off to a better start than anyone was expecting and it was always going to end at some point. Hopefully the wee break will refresh the players and management and they come back to give this a really good go.

Eta My time as match thread starter is now jinxed. Over to someone else to get them going now.

I wouldn’t say your jinxed. It was inevitable that we would lose this game as this match followed the manager of the month award originally.

7 hours ago, FifeSons said:

It all fell apart after game 9 last season. I really think next week is crucial. If we don't win the league now, would it be a huge disappointment? It definitely would imo.

Last season was last season and we were a division higher.  Anyone watching our start this term will have been well impressed results-wise but if they are astute they will realise that it's very important that we have our best available team on the park.  We couldn't manage that at Stranraer and the performance and result reflected it.

On the evidence so far there is no standout team and I include ourselves in that.  We look organised and fit, and that's great, but IMO some of the results have been more impressive than the results.  There is a long, long way to go before anyone thinks of winning the league and I'm struggling to think of many clubs winning titles with one man up front.

We're in a good position right now and hopefully the next two games will see us kick on.  But we need everyone at their best.