Sons' sorrow

14 minutes ago, microdave said:
1 hour ago, sons exile said:
Sorry mate - have to correct you there -some archive sites (including the Sons Archive) quote the 2nd December 1905 game against Dykehead as a 3-2 win - whereas it was in fact a 2-3 loss. So only 8 consecutive wins was the best that season.

Duly amended on the Sons Archive. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

No worries. The Sons Archive is an awesome website for club history enthusiasts like myself.  Would appreciate contact with yourself and the other Sons Archive guys as I have a number of queries on my own records.

11 hours ago, squeezebox-son said:

As did Ryan Tierney... remember him?

Delighted with the result and the run of form!

I do remember him, another one of those success stories from the Duffy era of strikers

1 hour ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Absolutely cracker of a free kick he scored 

Good stuff, hopefully he can kick on from there 

36 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

87 miles to Methil, bus was £10/£13 yesterday.

102 miles to Stranraer £25/£28

Maybe struggling for numbers hence the high price I guess.

But it isn't as simple as the mileage though. Stranraer is a nightmare of a road down and I would say a fair bit less economical for any vehicle whether it be bus or car.

2 hours ago, Silverton End said:

£25/28 for a seat on the supporters bus to stranraer :eek:

It's a trek, but that's pretty steep.

Read apparently people were willing to pay more to get it to run and people also willing to sponsor seats for it to Go so fair play. I’m working but Stranraer is a good day out 

6 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I haven't paid much attention to the away buses as I simply can't justify that spend any more, but doesn't an estate agent sponsor the buses? When I saw that announced at the start of the season I expected cheaper travel but 28 quid to Stranraer isn't attractive at all. 

Aye, guy from ReMax sponsors/subsidises the bus this season.

I went to nearly every away game last season, usually on the bus, occasionally car or train.

Crazy stop-offs to pick up 3 or 4 folk at Buchanan St Glasgow pissed me right off though, adding an hour onto the trip to the likes of Peterhead.

Bonkers 

1 minute ago, Silverton End said:

Aye, guy from ReMax sponsors/subsidises the bus this season.

I went to nearly every away game last season, usually on the bus, occasionally car or train.

Crazy stop-offs to pick up 3 or 4 folk at Buchanan St Glasgow pissed me right off though, adding an hour onto the trip to the likes of Peterhead.

Bonkers 

I remember going to Arbroath for the play off game and we drove over the Kingston Bridge at rush hour to pick 2 people up. Madness that shit is going on. 

20 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

I was sat right behind the karaoke machine for a trip to Arbroath or Forfar or somewhere like that years ago. Every now and then I get PTSD flashbacks to the sons we're the ones, Andy Williams, Tom Jones etc 

I'm so sick of you telling that story every b*****d week. And I was there! I don't need reminded. Get some new stories.

Just a wee thing I noticed, Stuart Carswell's next appearance for us will be his 200th for us.That's a pretty remarkable achievement these days.
He'll be just the fourth player to reach that number this century. Craig Brittain in 2003 (his 300th was in 2007), John Dillon in 2005 and Stephen Grindlay in 2010. He'll be just the 33rd player out of almost 2000 to play 200 games for us.