Sons' sorrow

35 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Reckon he could have been handy.We need someone to replace Calum as well as another defender pref. a LB.

McNiff has been excellent at left back.  Won't get praise because he isn't going to operate like a modern day full back.   Wylde is a decent enough option from the bench if needed.

4 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

McNiff has been excellent at left back.  Won't get praise because he isn't going to operate like a modern day full back.   Wylde is a decent enough option from the bench if needed.

Not convinced me when I have seen him.

23 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Not convinced me when I have seen him.

I’m not a fan of him either but I’d be pretty shocked to see us bring in another left back when we already have two options there. I reckon we’ll see a winger and not much else - personally I think we need another striker but I’m not sure Farrell does.

13 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

They're really not.

Many of them are just ordinary people who happen to support a different club. 

Ffs stop. This is a football club that literally had to beg its own supporters to behave at the recent Europa League final. They’re an utterly pathetic rump whose issues go way beyond a mere lunatic fringe. With a bit of luck there’s another extinction event awaiting them down the line  👍

Edited by George Parr

12 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It is! Here we go:

https://t.co/H88Eo4AiVG

It was a really good debut and easily comparable with established podcasts - very well done.  John Gemmell was a very entertaining guest, with a good mix of self-praise and self-deprecation.  I think the guest should become a regular feature as one hour is a long time to talk, can I suggest Brian Graham, Barry Cook or Steven Aitken as future choices ??

2 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

It was a really good debut and easily comparable with established podcasts - very well done.  John Gemmell was a very entertaining guest, with a good mix of self-praise and self-deprecation.  I think the guest should become a regular feature as one hour is a long time to talk, can I suggest Brian Graham, Barry Cook or Steven Aitken as future choices ??

I can just see Jan interviewing Brian Graham now - "So, Brian, why is it you are such a horrible c**t?". Would watch. 

4 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

:lol: I've actually done a podcast with Stevie Aitken. It was quite interesting, spawned an article too.

Clicky

In all seriousness though we are planning on guests every month, so if there's anyone you'd really like to have on - current/former players, management, coaches, whoever then suggest away. I've got a wee list drawn up in my head.

I'd love to have Paddy on it. Although that podcast may have to come with a 18+ rating.

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

I can just see Jan interviewing Brian Graham now - "So, Brian, why is it you are such a horrible c**t?". Would watch. 

:lol: As long as big John was also in the podcast cupboard as my bodyguard

1 minute ago, the snudge said:

I'd actually like to have Jim Chapman on. I listened to a podcast with him before when he was over in the states. His 5 year plan actually panned out. 

That is a very good shout. He's obviously back in the country too with Killie Ladies. I'll get him on the targets list.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

so if there's anyone you'd really like to have on - current/former players, management, coaches, whoever then suggest away.

I reckon big Stevie Grindlay would be a decent guest, played with the club for donkeys over two spells so he must have some good stories and gossip! 

Not listened to the podcast yet but I have long drive north over the weekend and I’m saving it for that.

5 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

:lol: I've actually done a we are planning on guests every month, so if there's anyone you'd really like to have on - current/former players, management, coaches, whoever then suggest away.

Trying to go for a spread of generations, so

Hugh Ward

Chic Charnley

Christian Nade

Lawrie Williams