Sons' sorrow

16 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I don't mean to keep dragging up Rangers tweets. However this one was too good not to share.

image.thumb.png.7767944f47c67410d776dbb32fd6e7f0.png

Weirdly though, I don't remember any members of the IRA ever fouling a Rangers player in an SPFL Trust Trophy match?

That's a disgusting reply. Would be good if they would do everyone a favour and f*** off... Horrible, horrible fans.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d be absolutely delighted if they stopped using our stadium for their wee wimpy B team. I hope we draw them at home in the cup and give them the minimum allocation we can. 

They would just buy tickets for the home end and start fights and arguements in our end like they done when we were in the championship.

9 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d be absolutely delighted if they stopped using our stadium for their wee wimpy B team. I hope we draw them at home in the cup and give them the minimum allocation we can. 

I would be quite happy if we never played them or their youth team again tbh.

In saying that, drawing them at Ibrox and seeing their reaction as we rake in some of the Blue Pound from that would be quite funny.

[emoji102]
I'd be very surprised if we managed to get a player of Luke Donnelly's ability to drop into League Two, but hopefully the Lichties fans are ITK here.

I think he played under Farrell at Stranraer so there might be some substance to it?

Or maybe people are just putting that connection together to start a rumour?

Plus one to never having to play Rangers again. I only attended the home games against them in the championship and they were horrible experiences. I deliberately didn't go to Ibrox because of the poison I experienced during a cup game in the 90's and I remember posters on here saying it had probably worsened by the the championship games. Horrible club with even worse supporters!

23 minutes ago, microdave said:

Plus one to never having to play Rangers again. I only attended the home games against them in the championship and they were horrible experiences. I deliberately didn't go to Ibrox because of the poison I experienced during a cup game in the 90's and I remember posters on here saying it had probably worsened by the the championship games. Horrible club with even worse supporters!

The Championship games were fairly horrid at Ibrox. I think I went to a couple and never went back. All sorts of stuff was getting launched at us. I do vaguely remember about 100 wee guys chanting Rolf Harris at @the snudge during one of the games as he was sporting the Colonel Sanders type facial hair and was giving them a bit back. 

41 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

“The IRA route” hahhahaha!

Absolutely amazing.

There was someone else saying 99.9% of the world doesn't care about Dumbarton.  Good to know the other 0.1% do care - which is 7,758,000 people.  We will have Mbappe signed in no time.

5 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The Championship games were fairly horrid at Ibrox. I think I went to a couple and never went back. All sorts of stuff was getting launched at us. I do vaguely remember about 100 wee guys chanting Rolf Harris at @the snudge during one of the games as he was sporting the Colonel Sanders type facial hair and was giving them a bit back. 

Me giving it back? Doesn't sound like me! I did get pelted with a few coins. They were skint at the time aswell they needed it more than us. 

Aye after that, I wouldn't go near Ibrox again. Its pretty horrific and the most aggro I've felt at an away game, or any game for that matter. 

Young Wilson joins the circus that is Open Goal Broomhill on loan. I actually think that’s a good move for both him and us - the guy needs minutes and fitness and if he lights it up in the Lowland League we have a fit and firing player returning to us in Janury. Hopefully this gives him a bit of a boot up the backside and he has a successful spell with them.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Young Wilson joins the circus that is Open Goal Broomhill on loan. I actually think that’s a good move for both him and us - the guy needs minutes and fitness and if he lights it up in the Lowland League we have a fit and firing player returning to us in Janury. Hopefully this gives him a bit of a boot up the backside and he has a successful spell with them.

With Wilson away does that possibly open the door for a loan incoming? Attacking options are very light on the bench already never mind with Wilson away 

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Agreed. The Broadwood surface might better suit his game as well as he seemed to really struggle once the grass disappeared at the Rock last season. 

1 minute ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

With Wilson away does that possibly open the door for a loan incoming? Attacking options are very light on the bench already never mind with Wilson away 

You’d certainly like to think so. I don’t imagine he’s on peanuts given he was given an improved contract after some good form last year. Broomhill clearly have a bit of money behind them so hopefully they are paying full whack for him.