Sons' sorrow

49 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

Downgraded to 7-10 days but the vitriol, abject hatred and total intolerance of anything outside Rangers continues.

Calls to sue Dumbarton, to take a private prosecution, repeated threats to assault him and his family, one call for him to "be careful starting his car tomorrow" and to listen for footsteps behind him, etc.

This is completely outrageous for what was no more than a yellow card tackle. Let's keep some sense of proportion here.

7-10 days is Kamara.

Lowry 4-6 weeks.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It sounds like wee Alex has a bit of toughening up to do. Hearing reports of floods of tears and him squeeling that something popped after being stretchered off. I’m also hearing the Rangers management team caused a rammy in the tunnel after the game because wee Alex was greetin’!

GBNF 🙏🏼

He really does if there’s any truth in that. I dislocated my shoulder landing on a hard wood floor while playing fives, all I said was “f**k” on impact, followed by “I think I need to go to hospital” as I stood up. Not a tear in sight.

10 hours ago, GordyBrow said:

He really does if there’s any truth in that. I dislocated my shoulder landing on a hard wood floor while playing fives, all I said was “f**k” on impact, followed by “I think I need to go to hospital” as I stood up. Not a tear in sight.

Go in goals if you're injured...degree of injury irrelevant....it's the rules

I'm pals with Ally Loves dad and met him for a beer before the game today, he was the first one to call him an arsehole for his challenge but some of the abuse that family have been through the last week is completely out of order. Allys Mrs has had death threats and that must have an effect on people whether they believe the threats are genuine or not. Rangers fans could also note that he's named Alistair after a certain Mr McCoist, so the conspiracies can be ended here. He also said he'd had a wee "argument" with Carsy over penalties, and today I think we actually witnessed Carsy being a proper captain despite not having the armband - he didn't even argue with Ally when he grabbed the ball for the first pen knowing what he'd been through this week, and after the first was dispatched he had no say in the second. We appear to have a terrific team spirit this season and long may it continue. Hopefully Ally Love can build on today and grab a few more goals and Carsy can continue strolling it at the back. 

I'll save my comments on the match for the match thread as they might be a bit more negative than others (sorry, I cant help myself) but I promise I'm a pleased Sons fan tonight!

Edited by The Moonster

21 hours ago, GordyBrow said:

You're a hard man, son.

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm pals with Ally Loves dad and met him for a beer before the game today, he was the first one to call him an arsehole for his challenge but some of the abuse that family have been through the last week is completely out of order. Allys Mrs has had death threats and that must have an effect on people whether they believe the threats are genuine or not. He also said he'd had a wee "argument" with Carsy over penalties, and today I think we actually witnessed Carsy being a proper captain despite not having the armband - he didn't even argue with Ally when he grabbed the ball for the first pen knowing what he'd been through this week, and after the first was dispatched he had no say in the second. We appear to have a terrific team spirit this season and long may it continue. Hopefully Ally Love can build on today and grab a few more goals and Carsy can continue strolling it at the back. 

I'll save my comments on the match for the match thread as they might be a bit more negative than others (sorry, I cant help myself) but I promise I'm a pleased Sons fan tonight!

I think negatives are justified as are the positives.We started crap and against a better team would have been turned over. But turned it around second half and we do seem to have a decent team spirit which is vital in any team.Not getting carried away as we have a fragile first team that could do with another couple of bodies as well as shipping others out on loan.But an unbelievable start.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

We appear to have a terrific team spirit this season and long may it continue. 

I think which just adds to the team spirit side of things is Farrell's post match comments basically saying he didn't even really say much at half time as the players had basically sorted it out themselves. Last year we had a lot of experienced players in there yet everyone looked absolutely clueless all the time and the heads would go down at the slightest hint of adversity. This year we've already had 2 wins from conceding first, I think (I may be mistaken here) we won 1 game after conceding first in the whole of last season and that was the Alloa away game? 

Great to see Love end the week on a high after all the horrible stuff. Also, very impressive from Stevie Farrell to come back from the position he was in to get to where he is now. Obviously nothing won yet, but he definitely deserves credit and I'm very happy to give it.  I'm still wary after how good a start we made last season - though this is clearly miles better.