Sons' sorrow

52 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

I see there is some knicker wetter on our FB page about the tackle. Folk need to get a grip, especially those in our own support! 

Exactly.

@BallochSonsFan you are our forum brother and we love you, but never take sides against the club again.

40 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

Exactly.

@BallochSonsFan you are our forum brother and we love you, but never take sides against the club again.

I'm not taking sides against the club.

I'm not even taking sides against Love. He doesnt deserve any of the shite thats come his way. I just won't defend the tackle whilst also complaining about Kevin Nichol's horror show last April. Same reason I'll criticise Rangers fans for their outrage over the tackle when they weren't exactly ashamed of their striker breaking an opponent's jaw with an equally no hope challenge for a ball he was never going to win. Bad tackles are bad tackles and we shouldn't complain about 1 whilst accepting another.

2 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I'm not even taking sides against Love. He doesnt deserve any of the shite thats come his way. I just won't defend the tackle whilst also complaining about Kevin Nichol's horror show last April. Same reason I'll criticise Rangers fans for their outrage over the tackle when they weren't exactly ashamed of their striker breaking an opponent's jaw with an equally no hope challenge for a ball he was never going to win. Bad tackles are bad tackles and we shouldn't complain about 1 whilst accepting another.

@BallochSonsFan - it was a joke - it's a quote from the Godfather.

2 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Aye, that comment was out of order.  Surely we can have a point of view on our own club and players without anyone resorting to the sort of 'if you are no' for us you're agin' us' shite the less rational elements of the OF indulge in.

9 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

Compliance officer taking no further action. It was only the escalation of the Rangers fans that took it that far but prepare for further hatred and intolerance to come.

BallochSonsFan, John Brown, Ally McCoist, John Greig, IXI THE ONE IXI, KnightswoodBear, Lee Wallace, BallochSonsFan... Your boys took a helluva beating!

Speaking here as a diehard ' junior fan ' from north ayrshire who would class rangers as my second team and also as someone who knows ally love personally then I would have to say that ally is a really decent guy in life who I speak to from time to time   , yes he's been rash here , however he's not the type at all to go out and ' do ' someone  and he's a good guy who doesn't deserve the death threats and what's came his way . 

Of course if he could turn the clock back then he probably wouldn't have lunged in the way he did but tell me a single footballer who has never done something that he regrets out there on the pitch ? 

He's certainly not a hatchet man In any shape of form and rangers have had  a few of them In souness , hurlock, Brown etc etc 

11 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Speaking here as a diehard ' junior fan ' from north ayrshire who would class rangers as my second team and also as someone who knows ally love personally then I would have to say that ally is a really decent guy in life who I speak to from time to time   , yes he's been rash here , however he's not the type at all to go out and ' do ' someone  and he's a good guy who doesn't deserve the death threats and what's came his way . 

Of course if he could turn the clock back then he probably wouldn't have lunged in the way he did but tell me a single footballer who has never done something that he regrets out there on the pitch ? 

He's certainly not a hatchet man In any shape of form and rangers have had  a few of them In souness , hurlock, Brown etc etc 

^^Also on Rangers forums sharing Ally Love's address^^

I see Alex Lowry is out "for some weeks".

I genuinely expected we were talking a season ending/career threatening injury. But judging by this it doesn't seem like it's particularly bad at all.

"Alex had an unfortunate injury from the game he played this week. So he’s not available.

"I think he will be out for some weeks."

I don’t know Ally Love or whether he is a really nice guy or not. It was a bad tackle bordering on a red card but in a League 2 Saturday game it would have drawn a bit of discussion and been forgotten by Sunday night.

As it’s one of the bigot brothers the police are looking for an attempted murder suspect.

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I genuinely expected we were talking a season ending/career threatening injury. But judging by this it doesn't seem like it's particularly bad at all.

Downgraded to 7-10 days but the vitriol, abject hatred and total intolerance of anything outside Rangers continues.

Calls to sue Dumbarton, to take a private prosecution, repeated threats to assault him and his family, one call for him to "be careful starting his car tomorrow" and to listen for footsteps behind him, etc.

This is completely outrageous for what was no more than a yellow card tackle. Let's keep some sense of proportion here.

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

It sounds like wee Alex has a bit of toughening up to do. Hearing reports of floods of tears and him squeeling that something popped after being stretchered off. I’m also hearing the Rangers management team caused a rammy in the tunnel after the game because wee Alex was greetin’!

GBNF 🙏🏼

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

It sounds like wee Alex has a bit of toughening up to do. Hearing reports of floods of tears and him squeeling that something popped after being stretchered off. I’m also hearing the Rangers management team caused a rammy in the tunnel after the game because wee Alex was greetin’!

GBNF 🙏🏼

I heard that the rangers staff got leathered in the tunnel by the sons team.