Sons' sorrow

I will explain that I was there because my wife as much as I like her is staunch as f**k and I could use this as some token opportunity to appease her. 

That was just pathetically bad. Lowry literally could've played against us on his own I think but it was the speed of breaks that just killed us off completely. We could attack and then find ourselves conceding say 10 seconds later. Constantly not being alert to quick freekicks etc. 

Yeah it was just some kinda meaningless game and we rotated the squad a bit but it was actually laughable towards the end. So I'm £9 down and have a gloating wife so that's just superb

3 minutes ago, microdave said:

The beeb are giving the attendance as 645. That seems pretty big considering the two previous attendances were 389 in 2017 and just 259 last year. Anyone that was there confirm if that seems accurate?

Was much busier than I was expecting so probably about right. A lot of comps handed out though.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The players you quote above are clearly better than our level but we still shouldn’t be shipping 7 to them. Rotated squad or not.

5 top flight quality players against a team playing the back-up keeper and a centre half who hasn't played for 10 months?

7 isnt a surprise at all.

The only bad thing to come out of this is the incident between Love and Lowry and the undoubted abuse that Ally will take over the next few days. 

6 minutes ago, microdave said:

The beeb are giving the attendance as 645. That seems pretty big considering the two previous attendances were 389 in 2017 and just 259 last year. Anyone that was there confirm if that seems accurate?

Doesnt really surprise me. Rangers main side were away on Saturday and are away tomorrow night. Lots of central belt Gers fans looking for something to do.

Would hope that the Sons contingent consisted of 3 men and a dug.

i'm not anti-Rangers. I grew up with a season ticket for Ibrox. I'm anti B team.

9 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

5 top flight quality players against a team playing the back-up keeper and a centre half who hasn't played for 10 months?

7 isnt a surprise at all.

I’d definitely be expecting to be able to avoid humiliation against a B team (even if they do have 4 players capable of playing in the top flight) using our backup players. It’s not like we sent out a team of 18 year olds and bar McGeever, who will clearly be absolutely miles from being match fit, the rest of them should’ve been capable of keeping the scoreline semi respectable.

I couldn’t give a shit that we’re out of that cup or that we got pumped off a Rangers B team but it definitely concerns me slightly that if we get a few injuries we need to introduce a few bums into our starting 11. 

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

21 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

I will explain that I was there because my wife as much as I like her is staunch as f**k and I could use this as some token opportunity to appease her. 

That was just pathetically bad. Lowry literally could've played against us on his own I think but it was the speed of breaks that just killed us off completely. We could attack and then find ourselves conceding say 10 seconds later. Constantly not being alert to quick freekicks etc. 

Yeah it was just some kinda meaningless game and we rotated the squad a bit but it was actually laughable towards the end. So I'm £9 down and have a gloating wife so that's just superb

Enjoy getting your hole.

22 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Doesnt really surprise me. Rangers main side were away on Saturday and are away tomorrow night. Lots of central belt Gers fans looking for something to do.

Would hope that the Sons contingent consisted of 3 men and a dug.

i'm not anti-Rangers. I grew up with a season ticket for Ibrox. I'm anti B team.

Dumbarton end was pretty busy. Plenty of strips and scarves onl display.

19 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Think he crunched Lowry.

I would politely suggest that if Rangers don't want their gifted young prodigies being crunched by lower league jobbers then they simply don't enter competitions that will see them directly facing lower league jobbers.

An outcome we can surely all agree on 🤝

Spoiler

Seeing the seethe directed his way on Twitter is another reason why I don't want B teams anywhere near the leagues. Folk pretending they are trying to find out where he lives, and one saying 'I don't know where his allegiances lie, but he looks like one of them'

Zukowski, Lowry, Lovelace, McCann and Kelly (if it's Stephen Kelly) are all capable of playing SPFL premier league football. 7-0 isnt even remotely surprising.
The problem is that come the weekend, Kelly and Zukowski won't be able to play in the Lowland League and neither Lowry, McCann or Lovelace will develop playing lowland league. Those 3 youngsters would be tested more playing for a Championship side on loan than playing the likes of Open Goal FC or Vale of Leithen.

Ziukowski 500 k Lowry I’d say is worth 1-2 million mainly because of age and sure they have a guy from milwal 100k be lucky if Dumbarton wage budget was 100k for the season puts it into perspective that said 7-0 is piss poor

**** can moan all they want about the tackle but maybe they should be looking at their own management Lowry should be near that first team rather than giving Steve Davis a new contract just curtails his development secondly when they were 4-0 up they should have took their prize possession off

To be fair, someone should have put a hard tackle on him sooner than the 85th minute. I thought it could have been a red as was pretty late.

Definitely conclude that we don't have a lot of quality outwith the starting 11. So many were so uncomfortable looking there tonight. Wylde, Wilson (both!) Obviously McGeever and even Gemmell couldn't get close enough to do much. He showed some nice flicks and hold up play which would be handy if we have a better team around him to feed off of.

Edited by squeezebox-son

5 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

**** can moan all they want about the tackle but maybe they should be looking at their own management Lowry should be near that first team rather than giving Steve Davis a new contract just curtails his development secondly when they were 4-0 up they should have took their prize possession off

Lowry is playing in the B team because he missed nearly all of pre-season with an injury. He needs game time.

Also Davis' new deal is likely to have zero affect of Lowry's first team game time given they don't play the same position.