Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Interesting Stuart carswell is away just now on holiday? So Definitely wasn’t at training last night 🤔3CD34BD7-B928-4EA3-891E-C0E071BB901C.thumb.jpeg.221e1430eb65deee1715d3ce1f164ee7.jpeg

Sounded like we had a bounce match as opposed to training. But I don't see a mega issue with it if he is away for a few days midweek and nothing out of hand which will influence his form etc.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Anyone know if we will have highlights of Saturday up? SPFL put out their lower league round up and our match is the only one missing from it, which is annoying (especially when you think "ach I'll just watch the other games and wait for ours"). 

I wasn't sure if with the new analysis stuff we would be recording it for the that too. Strange if you need WiFi to record the game only but I don't know exactly how the Pixellot system works tbh.

Gutting if true as I missed the match and was looking forward to seeing the highlights!

9 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

I wasn't sure if with the new analysis stuff we would be recording it for the that too. Strange if you need WiFi to record the game only but I don't know exactly how the Pixellot system works tbh.

Gutting if true as I missed the match and was looking forward to seeing the highlights!

Yeah unfortunately it doesn’t work without Wi-Fi.  Will be back for the Elgin game and highlights will follow. 

3 hours ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Interesting Stuart carswell is away just now on holiday? So Definitely wasn’t at training last night 🤔3CD34BD7-B928-4EA3-891E-C0E071BB901C.thumb.jpeg.221e1430eb65deee1715d3ce1f164ee7.jpeg

This could have been pre arranged with the management. If so no problem in my opinion. Players have lives and need a holiday just like us. Less important to miss a game than miss pre season.

9 hours ago, TamCarson said:

This could have been pre arranged with the management. If so no problem in my opinion. Players have lives and need a holiday just like us. Less important to miss a game than miss pre season.

Yup agree just thought it was strange but hopefully all pre agreed as he’s had a smashing start to the season

4 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Gemmell signing for you guys? 

Last I heard he was going into  over 35s league and winding down his career after leaving Cambuslang who could actually do with him as they're struggling upfront this season.

Been doing that for a couple months already - played with our manager which is where the contact was made.

22 minutes ago, AM-1 said:

Gemmell signing for you guys? 

Last I heard he was going into  over 35s league and winding down his career after leaving Cambuslang who could actually do with him as they're struggling upfront this season.

Yep, looks a fair possibility. He's in the best shape of his career to be fair and we are struggling to get that style of player from elsewhere, it appears.

Fair play to John Gemmell for hitting the gym at ungodly hours and getting himself in great shape but I’m still massively struggling to get excited about this signing. He’s certainly a different kind of option to what we have but I’d still much rather we took a punt on someone who hasn’t been absent from this sort of level for the last 6 years and is obviously at the end of what has been a commendable lower league career. It’s nothing personal against the guy, I’d love nothing more than him to come in and do a job (I realy liked him in his previous spell despite him being a bit marmite amongst our support) but I’m just not confident that will happen. If we have an injury crisis will he last the full 90? Will he really be playing for us for peanuts or much less than say the likes of Finlay Gray? Will having a big guy like him up top lead to us just shelling balls up the park? 

That announcement video is absolutely superb :lol:

I've no idea how this will work out. If we'd lost our first three games then it would look like the panic button - but we've started the season well, and the big man made an impact last week. He's also a player I've always liked. So it's a signing I'd really love to see work out.