Sons' sorrow

We can't be signing him at all. I loved the big man when he was with us but this can't be the signings we're making at this stage in the season. A free agent in a crisis, yeah okay I can understand it but we'd have been better getting Robert Jones back if this is the avenue we're going down.

The more I think about it the more I'm on board.  The step up is 'only' 2 levels.  Garry Fleming came up 4 levels to sign for us.  Canny really compare that I know, but still.

Stranraer just brought a 36 year old up 3 levels.

I'm not saying I'd play him as a main striker but an option off the bench to give us a physical presence?  Why not.  We have tried players like Ben armour and Ryan Tierney in the past who were as lightweight as they come, surely gemmell would be more effective for us as a sub option?

Again not really relevant but I think Wallace and Wilson look in worse shape.  

Anyway il stop trying to justify it and as soon as farrell is punted in October after losing 7 games on the bounce il be first in line to moan at him for signing junior players! 😎

3 minutes ago, microdave said:

I've heard from a very good source this evening that, while Gemmell is training with us, signing him isn't an option Farrell is looking at.

If that is the case, then having him actually joining in on sessions infront of fans makes no sense.  Might as well let pellie hit some crosses.

On 08/08/2022 at 14:41, the snudge said:

We can't be signing him at all. I loved the big man when he was with us but this can't be the signings we're making at this stage in the season. A free agent in a crisis, yeah okay I can understand it but we'd have been better getting Robert Jones back if this is the avenue we're going down.

Surely I have now entered a parallel universe.

On 08/08/2022 at 10:14, sonsanorak said:

If John's fit I'd have him back, we dont have another player in the squad that can play the target man role well.  

If we are seriously considering signing a slightly overweight target man from the amateur ranks who’s best years are 15 good ones behind him, someone send Faz my number.

Do they even do XXL squad shirts?

The dream’s no dead yet…

1 hour ago, Jordo1872 said:

If we are seriously considering signing a slightly overweight target man from the amateur ranks who’s best years are 15 good ones behind him, someone send Faz my number.

Do they even do XXL squad shirts?

The dream’s no dead yet…

According to the man himself he feels fitter than he has done for years as a result of rigorous training, and when I saw him on Saturday at Coatbridge he certainly looked in pretty decent shape.  Just saying.

26 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

According to the man himself he feels fitter than he has done for years as a result of rigorous training, and when I saw him on Saturday at Coatbridge he certainly looked in pretty decent shape.  Just saying.

He certainly does look in good shape and has clearly been working with the team for training.

I now wonder if Faz is planning on using him as a last resort if nothing else can be sourced. Jan already mentioned about how there isn't really an abundance of strikers and possibly Faz is waiting to see and if the right player doesn't come along and JG has been doing well enough in training and looks fit then having him is better than nothing.

Just an estimation based on what info we have though!

So with Rangers Colts beating Spartans we'll be the away team in our own ground in the challenge cup? 
The convention is that usually in that circumstance they'll let us use the home changing room and our fans in the home section but Rangers would be within their rights to not let that happen. Doesn't affect me as I'll be nowhere near a game involving a colt team.

5 minutes ago, microdave said:
13 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

The convention is that usually in that circumstance they'll let us use the home changing room and our fans in the home section but Rangers would be within their rights to not let that happen. Doesn't affect me as I'll be nowhere near a game involving a colt team.

Interesting to know, cheers! 

Yeah I'm not wanting to attend to find out but just wanted to know what the script would be