Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

Screenshot_20220803_134524.thumb.jpg.73c45a640e5e4d6e0a095d79ed063efb.jpg

I thought this what the video analyst role we had was meant to cover but I might have misunderstood that? 

I like that we are trying to use this kind of stuff and exploring opportunities to improve. I don't particularly like that we're looking for someone to do that on a voluntary basis because it seems like it would surely take up a lot of time? But that might just be me

That seems like a job for someone who is suitably trained in that field. To be able to compile individual player reports you surely have to have a proper understanding of the game and the players specific tactical instructions both on and off the ball. You’d also be need to be trained in using the camera equipment and video software. They aren’t generally two skills that go hand in hand either.

Good luck finding a volunteer who can do all of the above to a reasonable enough standard and has the time to do it all without being paid a bean.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Good luck finding a volunteer who can do all of the above to a reasonable enough standard and has the time to do it all without being paid a bean.

Yeah having a few friends who work as freelancers it's giving me the vibes of getting paid in "experience" or "exposure"

3 hours ago, Thommo90 said:

6/7 years ago I would have been all over this.  

Perhaps in just being too critical about it because I would've probably liked to have done something like that back in the day if I'd had time to commit. Live out the football manager dreams and all that. 

It's almost certainly a great opportunity for someone, I think my issue is just with the lack of payment for what I would guess is a lot of work. 

4 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

Perhaps in just being too critical about it because I would've probably liked to have done something like that back in the day if I'd had time to commit. Live out the football manager dreams and all that. 

It's almost certainly a great opportunity for someone, I think my issue is just with the lack of payment for what I would guess is a lot of work. 

The lack of payment is obviously pish but it’s also about some random fan providing this sort of analysis that just seems a bit weird to me. Nae doubt we all think we are experts but in reality none of us are in a position to be providing stuff like individual player reports and providing tactical analysis to the manager of a semi professional football team. 

20 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The lack of payment is obviously pish but it’s also about some random fan providing this sort of analysis that just seems a bit weird to me. Nae doubt we all think we are experts but in reality none of us are in a position to be providing stuff like individual player reports and providing tactical analysis to the manager of a semi professional football team. 

Can just imagine the conversation:

Amateur Analyst: So Carsy got your report from last match here. You need to track back more and you lost your man for the first goal.

Carsy: F*ck off……

Edited by C'mon_the_Sons

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The lack of payment is obviously pish but it’s also about some random fan providing this sort of analysis that just seems a bit weird to me.

Nail on the head. It’s really weird.

Even taking the fact we already have a performance analyst, asking Joe Bloggs to take on an analytical role like this is super weird.

It would pass as an April Fool’s!

Tbf, though, some random off the street, would probably know more than Farrell!

20 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

I would have done this, badly, before the kids came along.

I'm already self employed, so used to not making a bean.

Just now, kenrobell said:

Mcgeever should be an upgrade on mcniff

I agree. But I'm also not sure he'll be able to dislodge Carsy or Buchanan at the moment. Nice to have some competition in there. Hopefully keep everyone playing to a high level.

I also wouldn't be against us loaning out Edin Lynch until January once he's shaken off his injury. He'll have missed a lot of football, and I don't see him getting much gametime unless Lynas gets injured.

It's great that is McGeever is back in a match squad but as we all know it's difficult to get back up to speed after a long lay off.

I imagine the initial aim will be to bring him off the bench for short spells as opportunities arise and bring him on gradually until he can start a game.  I reckon Buchanan and Carswell will be in place for a while yet, injuries and suspensions permitting.

Arguable that it would be harsh to change a winning team. But its also arguable that we should have pushed a bit more for at least another 1 goal and that its worth trying something different. I'd like to see Findlay Gray involved and there's a decent shout for having Wallace in for Love or for one of the wide players and moving Love out wide.

I suspect if anybody is dropped then it'll be Orsi and we'll go with McLean, Wallace and Love playing behind Byrne.

11 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

So eh, John Gemmell then?

Thoughts?

I can see it as a signing but I also see him as a wind up merchant so not sure what to make of his recent social media activity... 

We need a different option in a bit of a target man but I don't think he will offer enough at his age, if I'm being completely honest.

13 minutes ago, Thommo90 said:

So eh, John Gemmell then?

Thoughts?

Iv heard this too and if so then it's a joke. ok he's had a decent career especially in junior football and scored a few goals but come on! Surely there's a young loanee we can bring in rather than a guy currently playing over 35 amateur football. I mean some of the teams there are decent but it is what it says, over 35 AMATEUR football. Robbie and Davie Winters were tearing it up last year at that level but I don't see many senior teams fighting to sign them up.