Sons' sorrow

5 minutes ago, super-son said:

Possibly because you could just make one yourself in the house and it would probably come out better.

It’s also moving with the times and would allow you to theoretically in future use the card for other purposes outwith the turnstiles.

And it's easier to cancel a card if a supporter is ejected and banned than it is for someone to have to check a voucher against a list manually. 

For the record, I'm not suggesting that anyone would get banned, but it is a valid reason clubs do it.

14 minutes ago, super-son said:

Possibly because you could just make one yourself in the house and it would probably come out better.

That would be valid if we weren't now handing out a card which anyone with a printer could probably reproduce. 

I don't know what sort of tehcnology is required for a digital season card but to me it sounds like an expense for no reason. I'm not aware of any issues previously with counterfeit season tickets being used, nor could I point to anyone being banned in my lifetine so I don't really see what advantages moving to a digital system gives the club. Perhaps the costs of issuing a digital card is less than printing paper books every year, but I can't imagine that is a huge saving. 

9 minutes ago, RateofKnots said:

And it's easier to cancel a card if a supporter is ejected and banned than it is for someone to have to check a voucher against a list manually. 

For the record, I'm not suggesting that anyone would get banned, but it is a valid reason clubs do it.

Or if they lost it, which is probably a more likely scenario. 

I’m not against the move to something more modern at all, especially if it allows people to buy tickets online and not have to turn up with cash to get in. The voucher book with raffle tickets inside it was becoming really outdated. It just seems to me like it’s something that has to be implemented during the summer where it can be properly tested before rolling it out for league fixtures. The last thing folk want is turning up for a league game and there’s a queue of folk with nae idea how to work it or the system itself failing 30 mins before kick off. 

25 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m not against the move to something more modern at all, especially if it allows people to buy tickets online and not have to turn up with cash to get in. The voucher book with raffle tickets inside it was becoming really outdated. It just seems to me like it’s something that has to be implemented during the summer where it can be properly tested before rolling it out for league fixtures. The last thing folk want is turning up for a league game and there’s a queue of folk with nae idea how to work it or the system itself failing 30 mins before kick off. 

This is the key part. If we try and implement it mid way through a season you'll get folk who missed the email turning up with the temporary card or no idea what they need to have etc. Ideally roll it out for some pre-season games, put a video out showing how to use it as well

I went to the Scotland v Armenia game at Hampden and because of some issue with the ticketing some people had QR codes while me and the group I was with had 2 sets of paper tickets each with an instruction which was near enough "if the first ticket doesn't work, try the other" which would be something I'd be keen for us to try and avoid doing

1 hour ago, Sawkye said:

Does anyone know if the club is doing anything this Saturday as its the first game of the season we celebrate 150 yrs. Could swear l saw something but its disappeared 

The anniversary game is on Christmas Eve versus East Fife at The Rock, which was the nearest scheduled fixture to the club's formation date of 23rd December 1872.  I know nothing of any special significance for this Saturday although I would expect some general info via the website, programme, stadium announcements, etc.,

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

16 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

That doesn't really apply to season tickets though does it. Allowing people to buy an individual ticket online is a completely separate matter from whether or not a season ticket is digital. I'm all for change if it is an improvement but change for change's sake is rarely worth it

34 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

That doesn't really apply to season tickets though does it. Allowing people to buy an individual ticket online is a completely separate matter from whether or not a season ticket is digital. I'm all for change if it is an improvement but change for change's sake is rarely worth it

Well yes, dependant on the type of system being installed (which we have very little information on). We still don’t know if the season tickets will take the form of an electronic card or if it will be a QR code type system, perhaps it will be a system that supports both. If it’s the latter then it should allow people to buy tickets online with a QR code being scanned at the turnstile.

I think we're all getting a wee bit worked up here. It matters not a jot how stylish or not the season tickets look. The new cards definitely look a bit more polished than the traditional stapled raffle ticket books, but whether they are a booklet, a business card, a plastic digital card, a QR code or a scan of your retina doesn't really matter as long as they get you into the ground to watch a game.

I think we're all getting a wee bit worked up here. It matters not a jot how stylish or not the season tickets look. The new cards definitely look a bit more polished than the traditional stapled raffle ticket books, but whether they are a booklet, a business card, a plastic digital card, a QR code or a scan of your retina doesn't really matter as long as they get you into the ground to watch a game.
My first one was akin to a library card. And like you say, it mattered not a jot.

7 hours ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

BBC are doing a prediction for all leagues. I’m probably too optimistic but quietly confident of something good this season 

EABFF7D8-6AE4-4903-8EC5-874C8FEC7A4E.png

There's no way we're finishing first. (I'll be delighted to be proved wrong about this, though.)

Perhaps this is the wrong place to ask, and I don't want to seem like I'm moaning again, but there is a mention that we will try to use Pixellots stream to make highlights of games this season. Delighted to have any sort of highlights package but given we have a guy on the books specifically filming and analysing games now, is it not possible to use that footage rather than the automated Pixellot stuff? 

4 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Perhaps this is the wrong place to ask, and I don't want to seem like I'm moaning again, but there is a mention that we will try to use Pixellots stream to make highlights of games this season. Delighted to have any sort of highlights package but given we have a guy on the books specifically filming and analysing games now, is it not possible to use that footage rather than the automated Pixellot stuff? 

Maybe he'll be tasked not just with following the ball, but specifically analysing player tactics, movement and off the ball work, which isn't conducive to highlights package.

16 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Maybe he'll be tasked not just with following the ball, but specifically analysing player tactics, movement and off the ball work, which isn't conducive to highlights package.

I'm sure he will, I just assumed we would have a main overall camera for analysing games considering the Pixellot gets busy following seagulls or bald linesmen but if not then fair enough.