Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

It was this one I meant, for some reason twitter wouldn't let me quote it earlier;

Why does this look like it’s filmed on VHS?!

Looks like the Forthbank highlights!

Edited by FifeSons

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

OK, but that doesn't explain how a club called Irvine Meadow for most of their existence became Irvine Meadow XI.  I'm sure there was some sort of parallel with Gretna/Gretna 2008.

They were called Irvine Meadow XI from the start and that never changed. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-62256634

You may have seen this report on the BBC website today.  Re this season's 150th Sons strips, apart from being a step up in quality from the previous supplier, one of the other attractions was that they are manufactured for Macron in Romania which apparently has less supply chain issues than China.

So if your family/friends/colleagues/neighbours are struggling to get Man U/Man C/Chelsea/Barca, etc., shirts for the weans, direct them to the kit worn by a real football club.

8 hours ago, Clarko_son said:

Found a link to This Twitter profile, not my page and I can't take any credit for it but has all the goals and action from the Irvine Meadow friendly on it just if anyone wants a look 

Decently find there - even with the slightly poor quality 👍

We play some good football moving forward but the goals we lose are so poor. Particularly in the LB area in the lead up. Hope we settle down at the back.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Judging by those Twitter clips lets hope Jack Jones never pulls on a Sons shirt again and that David Wilson is only relied upon in extreme emergencies. I’m actually quite shocked at just how bad Wilson has looked so far, I’ll be honest.

I'm not that shocked to be honest. My initial reaction was that he wasn't going to be a player who will be a starter and who would contribute all that much, given we have McKee, McLean, Carswell and Wilson (albeit, the jury is out on him) all in the squad.

Then when I read some other peoples input on here I decided I'll give him a chance and see how he does this time round. He has been playing at this level for a few years and was so young first time with us that he may have improved a lot.

Evidently, he has a long way to go to convince me my initial thoughts were off the mark though.

5 minutes ago, squeezebox-son said:

I'm not that shocked to be honest. My initial reaction was that he wasn't going to be a player who will be a starter and who would contribute all that much, given we have McKee, McLean, Carswell and Wilson (albeit, the jury is out on him) all in the squad.

Then when I read some other peoples input on here I decided I'll give him a chance and see how he does this time round. He has been playing at this level for a few years and was so young first time with us that he may have improved a lot.

Evidently, he has a long way to go to convince me my initial thoughts were off the mark though.

I mean I certainly wasn’t expecting him to be good or to be a regular starter but I thought he would be a decent enough squad option. I just didn’t really expect him to look as poor as he has!

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I mean I certainly wasn’t expecting him to be good or to be a regular starter but I thought he would be a decent enough squad option. I just didn’t really expect him to look as poor as he has!

Yeah, in theory he should be offering much more. He knows our level and you would expect the basics to be done better than they have been so far. Very much a "squad player" at best though.

Edited by squeezebox-son

16 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Season tickets are a wee cardboard business card as a "temporary measure until the new online digital database can be set up". You also get a free pen.

I want to believe that's not the case but equally think we could have a sweepstake on what season it's complete

I never fail to be amazed at just how awkward Div Wilson looks when he runs. It's like watching Bambi on ice.

Temp season ticket card isnt great. I'll try and pick up some of the pre-cut laminate pouches to give it a bit more protection when I'm carrying it about in my wallet. Not really sure why we needed to move away from the booklet of vouchers?

Edited by BallochSonsFan

6 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

I never fail to be amazed at just how awkward Div Wilson looks when he runs. It's like watching Bambi on ice.

Temp season ticket card isnt great. I'll try and pick up some of the pre-cut laminate pouches to give it a bit more protection when I'm carrying it about in my wallet. Not really sure why we needed to move away from the booklet of vouchers?

A lanyard is your answer.

Not really sure why we needed to move away from the booklet of vouchers?

Possibly because you could just make one yourself in the house and it would probably come out better.

It’s also moving with the times and would allow you to theoretically in future use the card for other purposes outwith the turnstiles.