Sons' sorrow

5 minutes ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Does anyone know when ST holders will receive ST’s and if it’s digital? 

It was meant to be digital which is definitely a step forward. Should hopefully mean you can buy tickets in advance rather than having to use cash as well. With the first game being just over a week away I do wonder if this will actually happen in time though as there's going to be teething problems with it surely

25 minutes ago, Sons fan 1872 said:

Does anyone know when ST holders will receive ST’s and if it’s digital? 

I was asked today by a work colleague if I’d heard anything about issues with season tickets, they said a family member had renewed but hadn’t heard anything. It’s not ideal that we are a week away from league duties and folk don’t have a clue what’s going on, especially considering how hard we’ve been pushing tickets and using the whole 150th anniversary thing.

14 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I was asked today by a work colleague if I’d heard anything about issues with season tickets, they said a family member had renewed but hadn’t heard anything. It’s not ideal that we are a week away from league duties and folk don’t have a clue what’s going on, especially considering how hard we’ve been pushing tickets and using the whole 150th anniversary thing.

I’ll give them Monday then I’ll email them Tuesday to see what’s happening in the hope they reply by Saturday 

When I renewed it was suggested that there would be 2 options - fully digital season ticket or a smart card for those who would want one. I assumed that the club would contact folk asking for preferences to give them time to order smart cards or to send out QR codes.

I'd want a smart card rather than a fully digital one. Unless we were going down the route of a bespoke app, I'd much rather the smart card. If anything happens to my phone then I don't want to mess about trying to recover my season ticket QR code. I suspect we'll end up with QR codes  for season ticket holders until a smart card is ready for collection from the club.

1 hour ago, Clarko_son said:

Carswell at centre back again today which I think will be his position for the season. 

I’m not so sure. When McGeever gets back fit I’m pretty certain he’ll be pushed back into midfield. Infact I’m convinced we’ll see him back in there next Saturday unless McNiff is required to cover at left back.

15 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’m not so sure. When McGeever gets back fit I’m pretty certain he’ll be pushed back into midfield. Infact I’m convinced we’ll see him back in there next Saturday unless McNiff is required to cover at left back.

See if I'm being honest I probably said that more in hope rather than expectation. I think he's looked better there anytime I've seen him play recently than in the middle of the park. I had completely forgot we had Lynch to come back as well, not that I'd be expecting him to push his way into the team but just as further cover.

29 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Noting today's starting line-up and that half-time score from Irvine and the one-sided description of the play is doing nothing to dispel my doubts about some of our squad. 

By the sounds of things the jobbies were weeded out at half time and we’ve looked a lot better since. Apparently D Wilson and the trialist were having a shocker in central midfield.

Wasn’t at the game but from Twitter that’s another peach of a strike from young Gray. Very encouraging signing so far and looking forward to seeing him for the first time next weekend.

Anyone at the game able to summarise the performance? 

Edited by Jordo1872

I was cautious that we were slumping towards another defeat where we were expected to win but it sounds like a good second half turn around from those on the park.

Div Wilson really has been well off the pace since he resigned from what ive seen and from the sound of things today. Does anyone have a name yet for the trialist? I presumed one of the two would have been Layne again ?

Young Gray looks like hes playing without a care in the world and everything hes touching turns to Goals! good on him for taking the opportunity hopefully he kicks on come the proper stuff!...and hopefully he suddenly doesnt end up benched like young wilson ended up last season after he won his POTM award.

On the Callum Wilson front...does anyone else think he miles off it at the minute? or can we only expect the best from him once he gets a chance to play games and gain his match fitness?

Pleased about the season tickets being cards too....I still haven't purchased one yet and I wont be anytime soon, but it seems like we are finnaly moving out the dark ages and cards are a bit more professional than some wee paper stapled book. 

22 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I think you might be slightly disappointed in that regard! Apparently he is suspended for next weekend which is a total bummer tbh. He’d be the first name on the team sheet for me.

A young new signing showing early promise isn’t available for the opening league game? The Dumbarton way. Still, always great to see young guys come in a do so well so fingers crossed. About time we had another local cult hero to fill Gary Fleming’s boots.

I reckon another two signings through the door and we’re pretty much there. A young left back o moan from a Premiership club, in a similar mould to Paul McGinn please. Swiftly followed by an experienced forward as I think we’re still light in that department. 

Wasn't at the gane but heard from a very reliable source who was, that our LB put some very dangerous crosses in and looked our standout player. He was wearing number 3 so can only assume this was Greg Wylde. I was pretty shocked to hear this but promising, for what is a definite weak area, if true.

I've spent two pre season games behind the dug out,

Gretna and today. The amount of times Faz gets frustrated by Orsi is frightening, " no good enough Kalvin" rather than shout at him, or say that out loud he says it to the bench.  Why doesn't he sub him ?