Sons' sorrow

2 hours ago, Silverton End said:

Fair play to Pitch Teamwear/DumbartonDirect, ordered a shirt for a family member that lives away and the shirt arrived within 3 days.

Same here. Very impressed.

Really pleased with the strip. The trackies are brilliant, too. I’ll be wearing them everywhere, despite it being about a million degrees down here.

That is quite the starting 11 Farrell is putting out tonight. Quite how David Wilson has kept his spot is beyond me! Is he playing wide again? Has MacLean been shifted up front? What the hell is the formation?

I think the fact that most of us sit here scratching our heads trying to work out who will be playing where everytime our team is announced is an indication as to how good Stevie Farrell is at picking a team and putting them into a competent formation. I’ll take a stab at a 451 with MacLean and Orsi wide but it really is anyones guess.

Things Stevie Farrell loves to see?…

Joe McKee and Callum Wilson on the bench. 

finlay Gray showed more in 5 mins than Carswell div Wilson and McLean combined. The mind boggles 

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Ah, they wont work on Aberdeen’s standard width pitch.

You're saying that as if we haven't picked a tactic to only work at home and revolves around one player for the whole season.

Flashscores which can be a bit dubious sometimes has us looking like this. 

Screenshot_20220713_194759.jpg.84c92ec66f9183ad514c6308498ded34.jpg

David Wilson on the wing seems to be the case 

13 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

You're saying that as if we haven't picked a tactic to only work at home and revolves around one player for the whole season.

Flashscores which can be a bit dubious sometimes has us looking like this. 

Screenshot_20220713_194759.jpg.84c92ec66f9183ad514c6308498ded34.jpg

David Wilson on the wing seems to be the case 

Aye I’m watching it and it’s definitely a 451 with Orsi wide right, MacLean wide left and Wallace bimbling around up top himself. 

Doing all right here. Are Aberdeen dominating? Of course. They have a lot iof the game and had a few good chances but we have had chances too. One very good chance at the back post from a corner which led to a poor header from a few yards out.

Superly impressed by the fighting spirit. Long looks superb in goal, everyone putting in a decent shift.

We are pressing and closing down well. Some really nice touches across the park.

Most of the applause by the Aberdeen fans are for their defence passing it around at the back.

Tough second half to come but we are not out of it yet.

5 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

One very good chance at the back post from a corner which led to a poor header from a few yards out.

It was barely even a half chance!

6 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

everyone putting in a decent shift.

We are pressing and closing down well. Some really nice touches across the park.

Every second touch from Carswell and David Wilson is a tackle!

6 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

Most of the applause by the Aberdeen fans are for their defence passing it around at the back.

We’ve been in their half about twice the whole game. They should be 4 up here. Come on man.

A defeat is never welcome but context is important here. A 2-0 scoreline was probably better than most Sons fans expected tonight and it sounds like the team competed well against an Aberdeen side that's had decent money invested in it.

On the night that the BBC website tells us that Peterhead managed zero shots at Kirkcaldy we need to remember that it's the league campaign on which Farrell and his team should be judged.

Edited by O'Kelly Isley III

Brett Long was really good again, how we got him to drop down to us and on a 2 year deal is beyond me but delighted it happened. 

2-0 flattered us a bit with Ramirez fluffing 2 big chances in particular. But we kept the score down. Didn't make an arse of it. I'd want to see C Wilson starting the next games ideally as well just to see him with a few of the newer guys.