Sons' sorrow

21 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

f**k me, Farrell’s interview. New season, same old shite. It’s like Groundhog Day listening to him.

I honestly don’t know why he bothers speaking after games.

I don't know why you bother listening :lol:

I’ll be honest, Farrell’s interview seems like fairly run of the mill stuff to me and I’m struggling to find any of it I massively disagree with. What has he said that is so outrageous?

I feel like at this stage Stevie Farrell could save a young family and their 10 puppies from a burning building and he’d still get slaughtered for it.

40 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’ll be honest, Farrell’s interview seems like fairly run of the mill stuff to me and I’m struggling to find any of it I massively disagree with. What has he said that is so outrageous?

I feel like at this stage Stevie Farrell could save a young family and their 10 puppies from a burning building and he’d still get slaughtered for it.

Just so long as he throws the puppies out a window and doesn't try and organise them.

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

f**k me, Farrell’s interview. New season, same old shite. It’s like Groundhog Day listening to him.

I honestly don’t know why he bothers speaking after games.

Even Boris Fucking Johnson eventually realised that he was in the wrong job.

7 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Just seen a Patrick Thistle fan on Twitter saying former Sons player (from a very brief stint) Adam Strachan has passed away, aged 35.

Heroin dealing, spouse beating, knife carrying Adam Strachan has died young? I, for one, am shocked.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Aye, and fading from an already low base at that.  Stirling were the better team in the first half too.

I actually thought we were better first half, though not by miles. You know what they say about opinions.

9 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Even Boris Fucking Johnson eventually realised that he was in the wrong job.

I know you jest with the Boris comparison but in all seriousness Stevie Farrell is never going to walk. Why would he? Anyone thinking that he should or will walk away from it is kidding themselves on.

He’s clearly a manager who’s out his depth but he’s quite right to stay put. All of this vitriol that’s aimed at him should be aimed at the completely incompetent board who have kept him in a job. Not that it will make a difference now, they have kept him on and he’ll be given the first quarter at the very least. We may as well just get on with it.

One positive I seen yesterday was that at half time the subs appeared to be going through drills by the new sports science guy and Eric seemed to be doing work with Broun. A kind of minor thing but better than the subs hitting cross field balls to each other for 10 minutes or so. 

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

I actually thought we were better first half, though not by miles. You know what they say about opinions.

Indeed Pete, and maybe we should wait a few weeks to see if is Groundhog Day or something a bit better.  One thing that would be interesting is an explanation as to why the pitch has been narrowed.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Indeed Pete, and maybe we should wait a few weeks to see if is Groundhog Day or something a bit better.  One thing that would be interesting is an explanation as to why the pitch has been narrowed.

Does narrowing the pitch bring the nearside touchline out of the winter shadow of the stand? The bit that never thaws?

You have to declare your pitch dimensions at the start of the season, and can't subsequently change it, so forward planning*?

*Forward planning/our club, I know...

14 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

The narrowing of the pitch is a bizarre one and I’d also be interested in hearing the reasoning behind it.

11 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The narrowing of the pitch is a bizarre one and I’d also be interested in hearing the reasoning behind it.

Killie's reason a few seasons back was to make it easier to defend as they were struggling and stop other teams from playing in a more expansive way. 

9 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Killie's reason a few seasons back was to make it easier to defend as they were struggling and stop other teams from playing in a more expansive way. 

I’m certain that’s one of the first things Murray did when he came in, for similar reasons. That’s why it’s a bit baffling we’ve taken that approach this season when you would expect us to be wanting to open games up as you’d be hoping we’re challenging at the top.

If it’s a decision made for the same reason we’re in for another home borefest of a season imo.

Taking the touchline out of the stand shadow is an interesting theory but for the one or two games a season where that would matter I wouldn’t see it as the primary reason. Maybe one of our journo pals can ask the question.

14 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

1 minute ago, Jordo1872 said:

I’m certain that’s one of the first things Murray did when he came in, for similar reasons. That’s why it’s a bit baffling we’ve taken that approach this season when you would expect us to be wanting to open games up as you’d be hoping we’re challenging at the top.

If it’s a decision made for the same reason we’re in for another home borefest of a season imo.

Taking the touchline out of the stand shadow is an interesting theory but for the one or two games a season where that would matter I wouldn’t see it as the primary reason. Maybe one of our journo pals can ask the question.

Aye Jordo has pretty much nailed it here. I can understand it when you are a bit of an underdog and expecting to struggle against most teams (I remember Alloa doing it in the Championship) but when you should realisticly be looking to challenge at the right end of the table or competing in a league where every team is much of a muchness it’s a baffling move. We have wide players who can open a game up and you are effectively nullifying that by giving them less space to work with.

38 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Aye Jordo has pretty much nailed it here. I can understand it when you are a bit of an underdog and expecting to struggle against most teams (I remember Alloa doing it in the Championship) but when you should realisticly be looking to challenge at the right end of the table or competing in a league where every team is much of a muchness it’s a baffling move. We have wide players who can open a game up and you are effectively nullifying that by giving them less space to work with.

Aye, that all makes sense without it being a sensible action.  Maybe given our midfield issues it would have been better to have kept the width and massively shortened the length.