Sons' sorrow

10 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Not trying to be cheeky but I was actually referring to WI-FI boosters which are both inexpensive and efficient in my experience.

Not taking the piss here, seriously, but is there any you would recommend?? Actually looking for one for the house to boost to the garage 🙈

15 hours ago, kenrobell said:

Card readers are not expensive what is expensive can be the fees they usually want between 0.4-1.2 per cent of takings could possibly be the reason behind it if they took in ten k yesterday the card machine at that number depending if it’s credit cards of course would take 120 pound which doesn’t sound like a lot but if you you take in ten k every 2nd week it’s start to add up say over 20 home games means the provider would be getting 2k for the service
The other reason behind it which might be bit far fetched is if someone working is getting paid casual in cash example not declared to keep taxes down

We already offer the option to pay by card, they were using a card machine to sell the tops the other night. The issue is that there is only one and that is at the reception/club shop area meaning you have to pay by cash at the bar. If wee roll shops can do it through a mobile phone app them I’m sure the folk running the bar could if they had a good enough wifi/4G connection. 

We already offer the option to pay by card, they were using a card machine to sell the tops the other night. The issue is that there is only one and that is at the reception/club shop area meaning you have to pay by cash at the bar. If wee roll shops can do it through a mobile phone app them I’m sure the folk running the bar could if they had a good enough wifi/4G connection. 

Your not getting my point only having one reader encourages people to pay cash you gonna sit ten deep que if you have the cash on you basically what I’m saying is their must be an ulterior motive behind can’t be just down to incompetence like I said card machine are not dear to buy it’s the fees over the year that can add up

40 minutes ago, kenrobell said:

Your not getting my point only having one reader encourages people to pay cash you gonna sit ten deep que if you have the cash on you basically what I’m saying is their must be an ulterior motive behind can’t be just down to incompetence like I said card machine are not dear to buy it’s the fees over the year that can add up

I am getting you’re point and I’m telling you we don’t only have one card machine to avoid paying fees. The majority of folk spending between 50-100 quid on new tops or 200 quid on a season ticket will have paid by card, hardly anyone carries that sort of cash around or can be bothered going to lift it when they don’t have to. It takes a matter of seconds for them to make the transaction, it’s hardly like you would have to queue for longer because folk were paying by card therefore forcing people into paying by cash. There isn’t an ATM machine anywhere near the stadium so not having the same facility to pay at the bar will be costing them money rather than saving it. No one is running up to Glasgow Road to lift money for a quick pint or juice whilst they are down there. We are also apparently moving to electronic tickets this year so there will be even less folk carrying cash down at the stadium, it would be in their best interests to offer the option to pay electronically.

19 minutes ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Well he played 18 times before leaving in January, sounds like the majority of games if not all.

His first game was our 3rd and he spent his first few weeks coming on as a sub for the last 10 minutes. He didn't start a game until the 30th of October, when we lost to you boys in Methil. 

36 minutes ago, GordyBrow said:

Is that starting lineup a back 3, or is someone playing out of position?

Callum Wilson is at RB and Lynas at LB.

Anyway. This has been entertaining for a friendly. We look good going forward and the link up between Waldo and Byrne has been very promising. Wallace's goal was a beauty of a move and he's looked sharper than I expected.

Unfortunately we still cannot defend and look like conceding everytime they get beyond the half way. David Wilson was robbed of possession on the edge of box for the opener and the second was an absolute screamer of a strike.

1 hour ago, GoldenNuggets_YeeHaa said:

Well he played 18 times before leaving in January, sounds like the majority of games if not all.

he made 3 appearances from the bench during our decent run. He only started 6 games in total, most of those were during a truly honking run of form. So no, he didn’t play “the majority of games if not all”. 

31 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

I see a trialist scored our winner today. Was it Carlos Lyon or whatever he's going by this week? 

It was not. Guy was ex Scunthorpe apparently. He didn't do a lot, but took the goal calmly.

3 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Callum Wilson is at RB and Lynas at LB.

Anyway. This has been entertaining for a friendly. We look good going forward and the link up between Waldo and Byrne has been very promising. Wallace's goal was a beauty of a move and he's looked sharper than I expected.

Unfortunately we still cannot defend and look like conceding everytime they get beyond the half way. David Wilson was robbed of possession on the edge of box for the opener and the second was an absolute screamer of a strike.

That last paragraph is very concerning - where does the problem lie ?