Sons' sorrow

7 minutes ago, Lokomotiv Dumbarton said:

Excellent turn out at the rock this evening, popped in around 6:45 and must’ve been in the queue for about 20 mins, nice to see the strips flying out the door, a lot of scarves sold too. Side note: hope they put some of that new training stuff on sale, simply lovely looking, top marks for macron

Training gear was minted 😜 

** if you were there you’ll understand **

I couldn't believe how busy that was tonight. I've seen it quieter on match days (and I'm not talking about Covid ones before some smart arse pipes up).

Absolutely brilliant to see. And folk weren't just buying one top. They were chucking in a hat, scarf and whatever else. Hopefully the club made a decent whack tonight, because the guys who have worked so hard on the DFC 150 merchandise deserve to have their efforts rewarded. 

Going to feel cool AF strutting round Milan in my Sons top in September 😎 I echo the comments about the training gear too. All the Macron stuff looks really top class. A massive step up from the Sunday League Joma efforts of recent seasons.

So far as I could tell business was very brisk indeed tonight. Top marks to everyone involved - the clobber is outstanding.

Small practical point for anyone still to buy; the usual rules apply - whatever size you think you are, go one bigger 😉

I have to say I never thought there would be a time where I'd have to queue to buy Dumbarton tops. Got there about 6.30 or so and was really busy. 

I had the intention of just getting the home one when someone in front of me had an away one opened up. Ended up caving and getting both. 

Well done everyone involved in coming up with the merchandise and tonight 

For reference with regards to how good a job the guys have done designing and getting our kits out this year…here’s a horrendous Thistle effort 🤣

image.thumb.png.aa6ced283c39b0362f7ac5afa282604e.png

5 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

From a man who has presumably seen Andy Brown, that's quite the claim!

Again, Sons fans didn’t like Andy Brown (you too, seemingly) when he was excellent for us. He was instrumental in our promotion under Carson, and was a perfect partner for Flannery.

Then you get Sons fans who loved some absolute diddies because they did a lot of running.

5 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I was assuming they’d be available to buy during normal stadium opening hours. I was hoping to pop down over the next week or two.

Yeah they are available to buy during the normal hours as well

10 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Again, Sons fans didn’t like Andy Brown (you too, seemingly) when he was excellent for us. He was instrumental in our promotion under Carson, and was a perfect partner for Flannery.

Then you get Sons fans who loved some absolute diddies because they did a lot of running.

Yep Andy Brown is easily one of the most underrated Sons players of my time watching. He was never going to get you 20 goals a season, but was absolutely instrumental to the way that team played, and Flannery would have scored much fewer goals without him there.

As usual when he comes up, I'd like to mention *that* goal against Peterhead.

Great to see it so busy last night. Bought 2 kids' home strips and 2 season tickets, one of which is the excellent Young Sons membership. Merch was flying out the door and the place was jumping. Having an official shirt launch night was a brilliant novelty and it was cool seeing folk using the club for a midweek pint too. All things we don't usually have and a tonic to recent misfortune. It'd be ace if things like that could be more regular, but that may prove cost inefficient when not an anniversary. Maybe something for future discussion.

Side note, and something I've mentioned to stadium staff in the past, but if the club could get more debit card machines they'd be laughing. They currently have 1 to serve all 3 bars plus the club shop, so on match days if (like me) you aren't the carry cash type, buying a pint is a palaver and the staff can be a bit shirty about it. Last night was a perfect example of when more machines would have been a boon as there were 4 people serving at the club shop (3 serving the merch queue and 1 the season ticket queue) all sharing one payment machine. The bar staff said last season that the reason behind this is the WiFi signal not being strong enough, but there are boosters available for signal strength. Definitely worth looking into. (Constructive criticism, not negative).

We've signed goalkeeper Harry Broun, who was our trialist on Saturday.

I saw him play for Kilwinning Rangers in the 'Kilmarnock Pie Cup' final a few weeks ago and thought he was absolutely excellent. He got Man of the Match that day. I looked him up afterwards and saw he was on loan from Kilmarnock and, based on that showing, I expected them to keep him and maybe loan him out to someone at our level.

He was good at the weekend too. Based on those 180 minutes I'm pleased we've brought him in. Looks like, for the first time in a very long time, we have two strong options between the sticks.

17 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Side note, and something I've mentioned to stadium staff in the past, but if the club could get more debit card machines they'd be laughing. They currently have 1 to serve all 3 bars plus the club shop, so on match days if (like me) you aren't the carry cash type, buying a pint is a palaver and the staff can be a bit shirty about it. Last night was a perfect example of when more machines would have been a boon as there were 4 people serving at the club shop (3 serving the merch queue and 1 the season ticket queue) all sharing one payment machine. The bar staff said last season that the reason behind this is the WiFi signal not being strong enough, but there are boosters available for signal strength. Definitely worth looking into. (Constructive criticism, not negative).

maybe those involved at the club could look into taking payments on phones. Should technically be possible for the staff to use their own device but the funds still go to the club account.

Anything is possible these days, I was bucket shaking in Morrisons recently (no signings spotted) for charidee and could accept donations via an app in seconds... 

Edited by Dylangt7