Sons' sorrow

1 hour ago, Clarko_son said:

FB_IMG_1656162172747.thumb.jpg.bd4c245efcd99446eb281a0b827a3a38.jpg

Starting to get the fear Buchanan is going to be captain this year

Tbh I'd take anyone as captain rather than Carswell. Glad to see it seems like Faz has stripped him of it. As I mentioned last season on numerous occasions, the Captain should be pulling us out of holes and galvanising the guys around him. Not saying Buchanan will do that but Carswell certainly didn't.

Clarko_son and I spoke to [REDACTED] in the bar before one of the final league games and he was scouting for his employers [REDACTED] FC and he said jokingly "I'm here to figure out why Dumbarton concede so early", which we did about 5 minutes into the game. I saw him again yesterday and he said he could see from the warm-up exactly what was wrong with the team and why they concede lots of / early goals. When I asked him his opinion on Farrell he said "it's a professional conflict of interest so I'll just say nothing". 

Now, none of that is earth shattering info, and probably not a big shock, but for other coaches from similar clubs to be able to clearly see what the problems are and have such a low opinion of the Dumbarton manager's abilities (he made some other remarks too) really tells a tale.

2 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Clarko_son and I spoke to [REDACTED] in the bar before one of the final league games and he was scouting for his employers [REDACTED] FC and he said jokingly "I'm here to figure out why Dumbarton concede so early", which we did about 5 minutes into the game. I saw him again yesterday and he said he could see from the warm-up exactly what was wrong with the team and why they concede lots of / early goals. When I asked him his opinion on Farrell he said "it's a professional conflict of interest so I'll just say nothing". 

Now, none of that is earth shattering info, and probably not a big shock, but for other coaches from similar clubs to be able to clearly see what the problems are and have such a low opinion of the Dumbarton manager's abilities (he made some other remarks too) really tells a tale.

What specifically was the problem with the warm up out of curiosity?  Was it the drills weren't correct to warm the body up properly?

5 minutes ago, the snudge said:

What specifically was the problem with the warm up out of curiosity?  Was it the drills weren't correct to warm the body up properly?

We didn't have time to get right into the depths of it, but I took it to mean motivation and movement, yes.

8 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Some ridiculous comments on Twitter again after us going behind. 

On the above posts, Farrell and his coaching staff are WoSL standard, so that's hardly a shock.

Not a shock, no. But does sting a bit knowing football professionals feel that way about DFC. If nothing else it just confirms that what we, the untrained punters, felt, is shared by the trained community.

12 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Not a shock, no. But does sting a bit knowing football professionals feel that way about DFC. If nothing else it just confirms that what we, the untrained punters, felt, is shared by the trained community.

Yep. I think everyone other than the Dumbarton board and maybe half a dozen lunatics in the support feel that way.

I’ll still support the team this season, but can’t see my view that the sooner Farrell leaves, the better, being changed.

Edited by FifeSons

36 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I'm hearing we're trying out this 3/5 at the back that worked so well for us last season picking up 0 points. I don't think we need redacted conversations from the pub to work out that Farrell hasn't a clue. 

Did we play that at East Fife and Peterhead? I seem to remember those games being colossal tactical failures.

16 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Yep. I think everyone other than the Dumbarton board and maybe half a dozen lunatics in the support feel that way.

I’ll still support the team this season, but can’t see my view that the sooner Farrell leaves, the better, being changed.

He's only still here because they couldn't afford to punt him.

55 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Clarko_son and I spoke to [REDACTED] in the bar before one of the final league games and he was scouting for his employers [REDACTED] FC and he said jokingly "I'm here to figure out why Dumbarton concede so early"

Fairly sure I sat and said absolutely nothing to this guy but I did witness this conversation

11 minutes ago, Frank Quitely said:

He's only still here because they couldn't afford to punt him.

Hmm I wonder how true that is, though. It’s the only logical reason to have kept him, but I just don’t buy that it would’ve cost much to bin him and that we couldn’t afford that.

16 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Meh. Not arsed about friendlies, it’s just a fitness exercise at this stage. I’ve seen us draw with Celtic and draw with/beat other prem teams over the years. It means hee haw really.

Yeah, you can only really judge when the real stuff starts. By which I mean the league, not the league cup nonsense.

It is a bit worrying if he’s still trying that formation, though.

5 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Yeah, you can only really judge when the real stuff starts. By which I mean the league, not the league cup nonsense.

It is a bit worrying if he’s still trying that formation, though.

Ach we still have a few guys carrying knocks and a squad heaving with trialists. It could’ve been a case of using that formation to slot folk in for fitness reasons/to cover injuries. 

On the subject of trialists, for anyone who was present did any of them look worth a deal? Any names put to faces etc?

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Ach we still have a few guys carrying knocks and a squad heaving with trialists. It could’ve been a case of using that formation to slot folk in for fitness reasons/to cover injuries. 

On the subject of trialists, for anyone who was present did any of them look worth a deal? Any names put to faces etc?

Trialist no.26 I think it was. Red-headed boy looked ok.